• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

Just returned from the Dutch 50 event in the TR4. Continued onto Germany/Belgium [SPA] /Luxembourg and back to the forests of Belgium before returning up the east of France.

Apart from the starter failing, luckily on route to the Dutch event where every bit of help was given to replace . Car ran perfect. 1250 miles . The 4cyl engine has so much torque through the whole rev range that it is so easy to drive in the twisting mountain roads.

Roy

On 7/8/2023 at 10:39 PM, Drewmotty said:

Powderham Historic Vehicle Gathering with the Devon Group today. 

IMG_0200.jpeg

Couple more photos taken at Powderham over a great weekend, our shelter became very popular during the shower.

The Rolls is for sale.

C3EF9CF2-AED8-4106-A7D3-47BB3C132355.jpeg

A3336677-D31E-48C8-999A-00EE0DB61191.jpeg

BB82BAA7-7E4B-4352-9D76-FC6711ECBEE7.jpeg

5BB5CB12-E964-4F10-87BD-A787C98D4484.jpeg

CAFCAB7B-EFD0-4340-A9E7-3B7BEBD188A8.jpeg

Edited by Misfit

Went to the 120th anniversary of the Ballyfinane Hill Climb in Co. Kerry, very very wet but good fun. Two TRs went, first long spin in mine (TR3) after a lot of work to it, 500 miles in 3 days never missed a beat so delighted with that. Interesting history with the hill climb, one of the competitors at the inaugural run was a certain Mr Rolls who subsequently went on to form a well known motor company, he won the climb actually.

Here’s a few shots from the weekend, side view of the TR3 is with the Gap of Dunloe in the background, beautiful driving country. The photo with both cars has the Hill Climb monument in the centre referencing Mr Rolls, nice monument.

IMG_6364.jpeg

IMG_6363.jpeg

IMG_6362.jpeg

IMG_6366.jpeg

On 7/13/2023 at 9:08 PM, roy53 said:

it dose look like it means business .But the turbo one must out do it.

Roy

Thanks. The turbo one is just brute force & power, straight line mainly. With a 4.1CWP in the turbo one, at say 60-70mph in 5th, you just lean on the throttle, and it takes off like a scolded cat.

23 hours ago, TRTOM2498PI said:

Thanks. The turbo one is just brute force & power, straight line mainly. With a 4.1CWP in the turbo one, at say 60-70mph in 5th, you just lean on the throttle, and it takes off like a scolded cat.

I think that is what Mr Campbell must have in his 5  :(

Edited by roy53
On 7/17/2023 at 9:53 AM, RogerH said:

two very nice looking cars

Roger

Good Looking Lads there too. Great effort in that Weather.

Conrad.

Duxford  Airfield Officers Mess. Stood in the same spot as one of my heroes stood (Douglas Bader) Whilst standing on the steps looking out and upwards, a pilot was throwing his aircraft around with *gay abandon (*an old fashion word before it was high jacked). I have been lucky to take off and land in this iconic airfield a few times.

Just love this place and going back there for the American flying day this coming Friday.

Regards Harry

20230712_123927.jpg

20230712_115240_resized.jpg

20230712_123522_resized_1.jpg

45 minutes ago, harrytr5 said:

Duxford  Airfield Officers Mess. Stood in the same spot as one of my heroes stood (Douglas Bader) Whilst standing on the steps looking out and upwards, a pilot was throwing his aircraft around with *gay abandon (*an old fashion word before it was high jacked). I have been lucky to take off and land in this iconic airfield a few times.

Just love this place and going back there for the American flying day this coming Friday.

Regards Harry

20230712_123927.jpg

20230712_115240_resized.jpg

20230712_123522_resized_1.jpg

Thanks for sharing Harry ace alas Scampton looks like we are going to lose our heritage and I am not happy 

Don’t ever let the rain put you off getting out, had a drive over to Frodsham Rotary Car Show, nice little show some nice cars to look round, one 100 years old and a beetle that had been covered to electric, live entertainment good coffee & burgers.

Mike Redrose Group 

IMG_8898.jpeg

IMG_8913.jpeg

IMG_8912.jpeg

IMG_8914.jpeg

IMG_8908.jpeg

Edited by brenda

Out for the annual "coffee-garage" to my friend Stefan, some real interestings guest there with their cars

AIL4fc__wIfl_yNS1SDAVRAN_u0o2gG_sYAuOCz7

- 1930-ies Alfa Romeo Zagato Supercheraged

- 1930-ies 1,500 cc Chenard Walcker (F) "tank"

- 1960-ies Studebaker Avanti Supercharged

- two Vacel Vega

- one Voisin

- Jaguar E type 6 cylinder

- MG V8 roadster

- Citroen 7CV

- Peugeot 402

- 1969 Mustang 6 cylinder

- my TR4A :lol:

Edited by Z320
On 7/17/2023 at 9:47 AM, TRier said:

Went to the 120th anniversary of the Ballyfinane Hill Climb in Co. Kerry, very very wet but good fun. Two TRs went, first long spin in mine (TR3) after a lot of work to it, 500 miles in 3 days never missed a beat so delighted with that. 

IMG_6362.jpeg

Well done Niall- nice shot of the 2 cars - pity you not going to Shepton Mallet - TR @ 70 but that TRip certainly qualifies for “Out and About”

Edited by B Fitzpatrick
Incorrect spelling of Mallet