Where did you drive to with your TR today

On our way home from a 4 week, 2,500 mile trip to Spain, France and Switzerland spotted this ruin on the skyline in N. France. Mont St Eloi Abbey. Interesting bike rack.

IMG20231016152736.jpg

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

So took a look at the weather forecast, tail end of last week,

Monday looked good, so flashed an email and Whatsapp around the group, 'Do you want  a TR Day Monday?'

Had nine cars turn up at Kendal, and did mid-Pennines the South Lakes with a run from Newby Bridge alond the 591 back home.

Beautiful day once the sun had burned away the chilly start - just wonderful.

2143250029_IMG_0944(1).jpg.fbb721611a95a120485b55248a03f4be.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

After yesterdays Babet washout we had a wonderful day today at Cragside National Trust, what a fantastic place to visit, after a late lunch we headed for our last night at the Mardale inn St Patrick’s Wells Brampton.

IMG_9975.jpeg

IMG_9978.jpeg

IMG_0003.jpeg

IMG_0007.jpeg

IMG_0025.jpeg

IMG_0026.jpeg

Edited by brenda

You've got a wondering i snuck in there Roger, it's Cragside.

Mick Richards

17 hours ago, RogerH said:

Cragside - fabulous place. Every engineer should go there.

Roger

We visited there earlier in the year (not with the TR) & it is a truly superb place. The cafe is pretty good too! What a genius Armstrong was.

Leicestershire TR Group had their annual run to Wells next the Sea for fish and chips at the harbour. Great run out for 7 TRs, 1 Spitfire, 1 Caterham and a Saab convertible. We met at Morcott Services, drove to Thorney to look at the Classic Car Garage stock and have coffee and cake at the cafe over the road. It was dry enough by then for the rest of the hoods to come down. The A47 is not the most exciting drive but Wells was beautiful.

Had some nice sunshine to enjoy the Al Fresco chips. Shame the Albatross (large wooden boat behind us) was not open but at least she is back in the harbour after a refit. Most of us got home before the large rain storm struck - a good day out.

Mick

IMG20231028092835.jpg

IMG-20231028-WA0000.jpg

Edited by Mick Forey

Yesterday on the return trip from a day out ( Autumn Leaves Run) with The Thames Valley Group to East Dean near Goodwood. Great pub lunch in a lovely old pub where the very first ever WI meeting was held in the early 1900s.

The Hindhead Tunnel and a double rainbow.

48951D94-ED6C-4E4F-9F3B-6A224A1B43BD.jpeg

E8607C25-48C8-4115-B80B-35A171C751E7.jpeg

Edited by SuzanneH

Braved the rain and quite a few fallen trees to our local meet. Out of the 50 odd people present, only myself and two others came in old cars. 

Wipers weren't working and I was absolutely blinded by all the modern suvs that passed us but we made it back home safety and the TR is ready for some dehumidifier love! 

20231103-182434.jpg

20231103-193946.jpg

2 hours ago, Misfit said:

Boring I know but I enjoy this round trip and wanted to get a proper pasty. Lovely morning nice and crisp and the car went well.

IMG_9699.jpeg

Blimey they know how to charge, Marys just up the road from me are £3.95

Stuart.

4 hours ago, Misfit said:

Boring I know but I enjoy this round trip and wanted to get a proper pasty. Lovely morning nice and crisp and the car went well.

IMG_9693.jpeg

IMG_9695.jpeg

IMG_9698.jpeg

IMG_9699.jpeg

Only just left today

we will have to catch up one day. 

It’s a regular run for me, I just love the scenery, the roads and of course the Devon pasties with its buttery melt in mouth pastry and the large chunks of Devon beef in a rich gravy. Especially this time of year.
:) 

So just let me know when your in the area, and we could get together for a pint, health permitting 

56 minutes ago, Misfit said:

It’s a regular run for me, I just love the scenery, the roads and of course the Devon pasties with its buttery melt in mouth pastry and the large chunks of Devon beef in a rich gravy. Especially this time of year.
:) 

So just let me know when your in the area, and we could get together for a pint, health permitting 

10 minutes ago, Drewmotty said:

Count me in too. 

Sounds like a plan. I won’t be in the TR !

it was 5 hours in the modern with heated seats and a dry cabin  on the motorways 

We drove to the petrol station.  We had actually set off to go for a drive to a country house for a nice walk but as I needed petrol we stopped after about a mile and a half for that.  When initially setting off the car had barely turned over which was worrying as I’d only charged the battery last week.  After filling up it wouldn’t turn over fast enough to start.  I had a portable battery boost unit and that got it started but with the circumstances we returned straight home and went in the modern instead.  I suspect a new battery is needed.

Paul