Where did you drive to with your TR today

It was great to see you lads again at the International,  good to see the cars and hear the banter. Keep up the good work.

All the best,  

Conrad.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

On 8/20/2023 at 12:32 PM, EliTR6 said:

20230820-125011.jpg

Great shots Eli. 

Nice to see the little man coming along for the ride.  Navigating sure can take it out of a fella!  :D   zz  zzz  zzzz   zzzzzz

How's the surf been in your neck of the woods this summer? Been on the board much?

Cheers, Deggers

Edited by Deggers
On 8/25/2023 at 10:47 AM, Deggers said:

Great shots Eli. 

Nice to see the little man coming along for the ride.  Navigating sure can take it out of a fella!  :D   zz  zzz  zzzz   zzzzzz

How's the surf been in your neck of the woods this summer? Been on the board much?

Cheers, Deggers

Had clean but small (approx 2ft) conditions last Sunday, combined with a bit of sun. I had a great time. Haven't been out much, July weather was miserable then we were on holiday in the center of France (did 1500mi in the Volvo and we slept in a roof top tent, all four of us!). Kids, work and lots of weekends away manage to get in the way of surfing but we've got a surf trip in October to Normandy lined up. Must do Cornwall one day, maybe next Spring.

I used the TR a fair amount last week and a friend of my parents stopped by with his Healey. Said it's a physically demanding car to drive, much better to look at than to sit in! (he's also got a TR6 which he finds much better for longer trips). His overdrive isn't engaging and the local garages aren't familiar with them so I gave him a few names to contact.

20230825-135154.jpg

Edited by EliTR6
On 8/28/2023 at 8:33 AM, EliTR6 said:

Kids, work and lots of weekends away manage to get in the way of surfing . . .

I know how you feel Eli! 

Work, family and travel commitments have kept me away from the TR, the beach and Cornwall more than I'd like this year. Although no roof tent camping .... yet!  ^_^

But there's been one or two good opportunities to head along the coast, get the aeroscreens out, and leave the windscreen at home. 

Sundowner2.thumb.jpg.3249c3aeb8cf0c091d559e6d2d7d448c.jpg

Sundowner1.thumb.jpg.926c3d73a505d26c92aab05578f4086c.jpg

All the best for the Normandy trip in October, and give us a shout if maybe you find yourself in deepest Kernow.  

Cheers, Deggers

Edited by Deggers

Cumbria Group mid week run into the Yorkshire Dales, 

Morning Coffee at the highest pub in England,  - Tan Hill, lunch at Hawes and afternoon tea in Kirkby Lonsdale, - we do eat well!

...and despite the clouds, all-day top down motoring.

John.

IMG_0834.jpg.14e9a280508e4c440ed173a978c1dd1e.jpg

29 minutes ago, james christie said:

Well we didn’t do mid-week runs, when we were working^_^

james 

Our group ( which I no longer support) just has a rolling programme of the same old thing year after year.

It used to be very spontaneous when someone would organise a run out etc, the only run out now is to a pub next to the M4 or Le Mans and Spa.

Not good enough and very disappointing.

19 minutes ago, SuzanneH said:

Our group ( which I no longer support) just has a rolling programme of the same old thing year after year.

It used to be very spontaneous when someone would organise a run out etc, the only run out now is to a pub next to the M4 or Le Mans and Spa.

Not good enough and very disappointing.

Time you made the move down here then Sue, we have varied runs out all over the county through the summer plus the occasional lunch days and varied pub nights through the winter.

Stuart.

51 minutes ago, stuart said:

Time you made the move down here then Sue, we have varied runs out all over the county through the summer plus the occasional lunch days and varied pub nights through the winter.

Stuart.

I wish we had done this when we could but I’ll health is preventing any move at the moment.:mellow:

21 hours ago, brenda said:

It must be great if you don’t have to work having mid week runs.

Mike Redrose Group 

To be honest Mike, it is!

Cumbria Group still meets the first Sunday of the month, 'Officially' and we do still for some things Sundays,  to cater for folks still working, but to be honest

the demographic, as I would think most groups, has moved to mostly - active retired.

From that comes the opportunity used increasingly by us, to have mid -week jaunts.

These have obvious advantages;-

They free up the weekend for family stuff/grandkids, where you are struggling to get 12 - 16 in a pub for Sunday Lunch, mid-week they are pleased to see us, 

and the roads we use, can be sooooo quiet and free from traffic, its all good, so now some mid weekers  are included when we build our annual programme, 

and these are supplemented via our whatsapp group, simply when someone sees a good weather forecast, and suggests a meeting place, and we decide where to go, depending on who turns up - its all so easy!

John.

Middleton Hall nr Tamworth today I was joined by a 4 a 5 and another 6 a beautiful day.

IMG_9546.thumb.jpeg.e3630d22fb7acc904d22d9ca0355e63a.jpeg

Out the the Sunday classic car meeting "Classics & Coffee" at the Mercedes-Benz Museum / Stuttgart today

AIL4fc_o5QxUEa0_4sBGno6oqD2pK_iVQWTvcDKu

Only a few British cars there, talked to the owner of a rare red "Bradley S61".

Seems there are only 2 existing at the UK and 1 at Germany? Well, rare and interesting, but not my case.

Edited by Z320

looks like a Frogeye Sprite behind the TR4

Hi,

Saturday evening out with wife an TR to a small winery next town,

some of you may remember I we have been there earlier this year eating "Flammkuchen"

AIL4fc9P763BnjJc2l7YWMElYBkhCQIC3OFUYOrE

Today out for a 180 km drive to the "Schwäbische Alb" to visit the karst spring "Blautopf", sadly no photo with the TR.

AIL4fc_IyQsICgu5Z3m-5uPlmP_-P0ZvFRj7Ip6T

The photo is a panorama photo and a bit "bended", sorry this.

The TR worked lovely, Ciao, Marco

Quick blat from Marlow <-> Princes Risborough for a great day out at Kop Hill today with 30+ TRs in attendance hosted by the Chiltern group. 
Apologies I had to scoot off early and looking forward to the October monthly meet. 

• 2 weeks later...