Where did you drive to with your TR today

Met up with th coast 2 coast 4 group at the fisherman’s cot Nr Tiverton for breakfast , then joined them on the organised Thursday drive/run.   Nice to see some familiar old faces and some not so familiar old faces.  Thanks for the invite Paul H who put the trip together, enjoyed myself, thanks also to Malcolm T and wife Rosemary it was good to spend some time together.

Photo at Combe Martin, Paul looked a little surprised, I’ve added photo having noticed but forgetting to mention the plaques,  coming to Devon and including the wrong way to put cream and jam on a scone.

E8FAD86A-1D82-4D9F-B132-4B032EC29590.jpeg

0B2E849A-A06A-4FF3-8A4A-33F45911B0EF.png

Edited by Misfit
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

Shots of the whole gang of us Wednesday morning before we started off on Coast to Coast 4 at Bickleigh, Tiverton. Loverly to meet so many new friends!

IMG_2011.jpeg

IMG_2010.jpeg

First time for us on one of Paul”s tours. A really sociable and welcoming group of people. Enjoyed meeting some stalwarts of the Register, characters from the Forum and a couple of iconic cars. Thanks. 

Miles

Fantastic few days with the Coast to Coast group - our second run with them. Safely home yesterday afternoon after a steady run back to West Sussex - almost 600  miles in the four days.

Thanks Paul for all the hard work that goes into organising these.

DSC06416a.JPG

DSC06447a.jpg

DSC06452a.jpg

DSC06457a.jpg

Edited by Rod1883

It was a great trip, the drives out were fantastic and Paul managed to find ideal places to eat.

Really pleased to put faces to names and glad to see Derek who spent Thursday with us 

Couple of us stopped at the old Colyford motor museum on Wednesday for coffee or ice creams from next door (which is run by the daughter of Robin? who used to own the museum)

IMG_3028.jpg.f0fa07c64d7e97583cb60d2da1bf0aed.jpg

Yesterday (now) 

a wonderful day out at aintree sprint. 
with the Holdcroft father and son family business works team. 
for a change I drove to the event which was great fun .

AF060EC7-47CD-4209-84CE-1650BD5E0538.jpeg

F53A6DA7-171F-4A44-AFC8-15C598ED31D1.jpeg

C1914952-30FC-4F5F-B87E-CAEC4FC20A25.jpeg

Went along to the TVG meet and parked near the TRS... and a colour matched trailer :wacko:.

Gareth20230625_134013.thumb.jpg.e85e9b0ed1a7df74deea12b97acd17b9.jpg

Today myself  and Sue took the 4A off to a Norfolk field and we found this - rare visitor

The little bird was apprx 300Mtr away - not all the pics worked.

The small round hole just to the right is the nest hole.  As it was last year.

Roger

DSC_9132b.jpg

Edited by RogerH
46 minutes ago, RobH said:

Bee Eater. Nice. 

Just you two, or you plus hundreds of twitchers?

About 30-40 others but they were turning over fairly regularly, thanks to the birds showing well.

On 6/24/2023 at 4:28 AM, Steve-B said:

Shots of the whole gang of us Wednesday morning before we started off on Coast to Coast 4 at Bickleigh, Tiverton. Loverly to meet so many new friends!

IMG_2011.jpeg

IMG_2010.jpeg

Look at those beauties! I'll show this to my uncle when I help him install the suspension from 4Wheelonline onto his Wrangler tomorrow. He used to be active in their local mini car meetup back in 2000's.

11 hours ago, RogerH said:

Today myself  and Sue took the 4A off to a Norfolk field and we found this - rare visitor

The little bird was apprx 300Mtr away - not all the pics worked.

The small round hole just to the right is the nest hole.  As it was last year.

Roger

DSC_9132b.jpg

I missed something. Last night Sue spotted a second B-E to the right heading for away from the nest hole.

Roger

1 hour ago, james christie said:

Good photo!

Those Bee-Eaters are very rare and I never imagined they would frequent England. (Global  warming?) I have only seen them in the Bardenas in Navarra.

james

Global warming ?...nope. The odd Bee eater has been seen in living memory over many years, it's an odd visitor probably been deflected by some localised weather elsewhere. As we all know the climate is variable and has been for the last many thousand years, just keep a look out for the next mini ice age.

Mick Richards

30 minutes ago, Motorsport Mickey said:

Global warming ?...nope. The odd Bee eater has been seen in living memory over many years, it's an odd visitor probably been deflected by some localised weather elsewhere. As we all know the climate is variable and has been for the last many thousand years, just keep a look out for the next mini ice age.

Mick Richards

Apparently they have been coming to this location for approximately twelve years but this is the first time they have been here two years running.

And yes they have been seen in other locations.

Edited by SuzanneH

Runnymead 29/6/23.

IMG_0873.jpeg

IMG_0874.jpeg

IMG_0875.jpeg

IMG_0876.jpeg

IMG_0877.jpeg