Where did you drive to with your TR today

Thanks both, definitely something I’ll do, and the high level brake light also, especially as I now have the backlight fitted.

I’ve also got a Holden rear screen heater which has been fitted in place for some time with the earth and supply wires routed in, but just needs wiring up the dash end. Could’ve done with that yesterday. You can just see it in this picture.

40D12090-C052-4D17-A929-2BBF317BFBFA.jpeg

Edited by boxofbits
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

19 hours ago, monty said:

Those red led brake light ones are reassuring & easily wired up to the standard brake lights. Fitted mine some while ago now but they give an extra warning when braking for sure.

I also have LED stop and tail so when my brake lights go on they are super bright.

Stuart.

• 2 weeks later...

First Drive in February yesterday,  really blew off some cobwebs , and stopped for Refreshments  !

Loved it, 

Conrad.

IMG20230203125336.jpg

30ish mile loop in our TR-6 this afternoon in hedge roads of So. Bucks, Marlow, Bourne End, Cookham, Cookham Dean, Maidenhead then Marlow bridge and home. 

26 minutes ago, Steve-B said:

30ish mile loop in our TR-6 this afternoon in hedge roads of So. Bucks, Marlow, Bourne End, Cookham, Cookham Dean, Maidenhead then Marlow bridge and home. 

Nice our kind of places and roads. We’re the rest of the London Group with you….? We have just got back from a similar ride but in our Saab,  not the TR today.

noticed they are gritting the roads, saw two gritters and some signs they are starting to grit at 19.00.

Took the TR3 out for a drive around the lanes in the sunshine, really lovely. However, after about 15 min of spirited driving, I decided I was wearing inadequate clothing so beat hasty retreat. Still worth it but it took me about an hour to warm up again.

Mick

1 hour ago, SuzanneH said:

Nice our kind of places and roads. We’re the rest of the London Group with you….? We have just got back from a similar ride but in our Saab,  not the TR today.

noticed they are gritting the roads, saw two gritters and some signs they are starting to grit at 19.00.

As luck would have it, there was a wee bit of rain overnight which was partly why we were out. We saw a fritter in Bourne End on our way to Cookham but as luck had it we had clear dry sunny roads

First run out today to the monthly car meeting in Bergerac in the TR6, a bit chilly but lots of sun an a nice run there and back in the French country side

Edited by Kiwifrog
More info

Drive Your Triumph Day was celebrated by the Leicestershire TR Group with 7 TRs and a nice old Royal Enfield. We visited Stoney Cove dive centre for an excellent breakfast and a spirited but chilly drive home.

We all have a lot to thank Sir John Black for: happy 128th birthday.

Mick

IMG20230210115624 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just got back from a Breakfast meeting at Hopley House lot of cars to look round, then had a run at various speeds and down the motorway to test out the new tyres and balance of the wheels all good so let’s see how many miles we get out of this set.

Mike redrose group 

AA581DB8-D9B1-4BC2-8786-A5B8CDCD327D.jpeg

Silver Ball Cafe, A10 just short of Royston.26/2/23.

03D114AF-1DFC-4977-BB2A-FFB786E4196D.jpeg

Edited by SuzanneH
31 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Know it well, in  fact passed on Friday,

Do the bacon butties come recommended?

John.

Yes, the bacon Sarnies do come recommended but I only ever have a mushroom omelette myself.

it was the first ever outing, since restoration, for the Ford Custom Cab Drop Side Lorry.

A5BACF83-881D-4777-88B0-53E996E556AD.jpeg

Edited by SuzanneH
  • 2 weeks later...

First drive in months here. Took a few miles to get all the old petrol out of the carbs which were pretty gummed up despite the fuel stabiliser I had used then the TR was back on song. 

Changed the oil and filter but the sump plug fell into the catch pan and blocked the hole and I ended up with the garage floor covered in oil! 

I'll flush out the coolant next, it's been at least a couple of years 

The TRs new home is nearly ready, I hung the doors with a friend yesterday. Got to paint them and paint the floor before I get the cars home. 

20230312-105249.jpg

20230311-170426.jpg