So what happening in your garage this weekend?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stuart-- Some better pics of the tubing straightener. The aluminum blocks are 7" x 1" x 0.5".  You should be able to closely estimate the other dimensions from those, though none are particularly

Morning all,  got the job finished gearbox out the only thing that got in the way was the flap on the bottom of the heater. Now got to clean all parts take off and tidy up things under the dash as the

Preparing my Ford Zodiac MK4 Executive for sale. Too may classic to look after!

Posted Images

Roll bar fitted this weekend. Hopefully getting close to ready for sprints and hillclimbs

Where did you buy your roll bar from Hamish...looks just what ive been looking for...Tony

Cp throttle bracket

thats the one.... good spot... :)

Nick,

That looks nice.

Are you happy with the result?

Regards,

Waldi

yes, very happy, still a learning curve to get the best finish. thinkness of powder, tempreture and bakeing time.

Have done a quick update on my site for the powdercoat stuff....

Edited by Nickffc

Where did you buy your roll bar from Hamish...looks just what ive been looking for...Tony

Hi Tony.

It's a Revington TR one.

Fixed harness bar with removable diagonal.

http://www.revingtontr.com/product/rtr9047-3hbr/name/rob-comp-tr2-3b-removable-diag-harness-bar-rhd

Fits under the soft top hood. Don't know about hard top. As I don't have one of those --- yet?!?

H

This weekend I decided to repair a small area of corrosion (pin hole)which showed up when I had my panels dipped by envirostrip.

After removing the coating applied by above I found further corroded areas.

I cut these areas open and found the gap between the inner and outer skin packed full of crud.

I have spent the best part of a day scraping out this crud from both the front and rear sections, I suspect this is the products of the wash off treatment after these panels are dipped. Where I was able to see after clearing this stuff the metal was clean and free of rust.

So a word of warning to all you people who have used this process check your pan3ls before you paint.

The pictures show the amount of crud I removed, the best implement I found which worked well was a hacksaw blade.

My plan to treat these areas is to flood it with bondarust thinned down.

Mark

Edited by Mark69

I built an led dimmer for the dash instrumentation.

The dimmer unit i bought on ebay, would not work with the original led's that fitted the standard sockets.

It seems the pulse modulation used to 'dim' the leds actually flashes them rapidly which appears as dimming, but to do this it 'plays with' the negative supply not the positive, hence the grounded bulb holders would not work.

So i bought insulated new bulb holders , with two wires rather than the one, and built up the dimmer with a variable resistor that i hope will fit in the original dimmer control location, this looking original.

I'm only dimming the speedo/tacho at the moment but the result is great, leds were too bright on full power.

Just the dimmer switch to fit, which i'm hoping i can achieve through the glovebox and without removing the dash....

I can supply part details and photos if anyone else fancies trying this.

Steve

Yesterday I painted the final sections of my tub - Sills, A and B posts. This means that after almost four years of cutting, grinding, hammering, welding and swearing I think I have a complete and painted body tub. Still have to do the black bits. Very pleased with the results TBH and I started wet sanding this afternoon.

post-12473-0-31976000-1506364577_thumb.jpg

post-12473-0-64217800-1506364610_thumb.jpg

post-12473-0-29332600-1506364660_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

A disappointing weekend,today I have stripped my chassis for the second time.

The paint I used to cover the chassis had not adhered properly.

After the chassis was blasted I used a chassis paint that was specified for land rovers , thought this stuff would be ideal.

One good thing is while it's stripped I'm going to replace all the crap rubber bushes I fitted with poly.

Chassis booked in to be blasted again later this week then epoxy chassis paint.

Hi Folks,

nothing done in the garage this week-end.

Saturday I travelled North (460 miles round TRip) to see Preston play the Wolves.

Wolves is an inappropriate name for them - pussy cats more like it. A light breeze knocks them over - Prima Donna's - more like Donna Kebabs.

Sunday - have come down with flu or something equally nasty. That'll teach me for cursing at the Wolves.

Roger

Edited by RogerH

Yesterday I painted the final sections of my tub - Sills, A and B posts. This means that after almost four years of cutting, grinding, hammering, welding and swearing I think I have a complete and painted body tub. Still have to do the black bits. Very pleased with the results TBH and I started wet sanding this afternoon.

WOW what a lovely job.

Prep is such a hard job, and even harder as you get older but results like this make it all worthwhile, inspiring stuff!

Ah ditto Roger me too. Felt like I’d been hit by a train! Even waking up was difficult! However the car has been laid up untouched for 153 days according to my tracker.

Managed to get my 6 out of the garage today......fitted wiring loom....pushed it back in ,,,,,sun disappeared...cold.

Len

Looking good Len!