Ian Cornish bday

All the best Ian, hopefully a good day for you at Sherborne. 

And like Bob says - see you at Shepton Mallet.

Hi Ian

if you were cracked open like a stick of rock inside would read Triumph TR.  Wishing you all the very best Ian on your Birthday, have a good one.   I'm sure the family will have arranged something special.

Alan G

I hope you don't get to read these greetings until much later today or even tomorrow, because you are out enjoying yourself maybe with a cracking lunch. Happy Birthday Ian.

Mick and Margaret Richards 

Dear Ian,

congratulations with your birthday!  Hope to see you again in Shepton.

Waldi

Only reading these numerous and very kind messages this morning as I was at the Sherborne Castle classic meeting all day yesterday - apart from a few showers, it was a very enjoyable event, with Wayne doing a splendid job, especially in regaling the public with a history of Triumph from 1923, and introducing the individual cars and their owners.

On leaving, I decided to take a different route home to Thame, heading for Devizes and the A4 for Marlborough and Hungerford - roads I know well because I was born and brought up in Bath.   However, no sooner had my SatNav taken me off the A30 than I was hit a monumental downpour, which continued unabated until I was passing Didcot on the A34.  I came off the A34 at Abingdon and the rain had stopped by then, leaving the run from there to Thame free of falling rain (just damp roads).  Apart from northwest Italy. where I worked a lot in the 1970s, I don't think I have ever suffered such heavy and prolonged rain - but over there, I was in a Fiat 127, not a TR4!  Yesterday, I had to open the bonnet and turn on my heater tap, as the car was misting up inside.  Despite the inundation, the TR never missed a beat, but the inside was somewhat damp!

Shortly after arriving home, the phone rang and I was greeted by Alex, Sarah and the 3 grandchildren singing "Happy Birthday, Granddad" - that was super.

I can confirm that Maddy and I will be at Shepton Mallet and at Kop Hill, so hope to see many of you there.

Thanks once again,

Ian Cornish

BTW, Powder Blue is most definitely the best colour for a TR4, confirmed by numerous admirers at Silverstone, Sherborne and elsewhere.