RIP Alan Coote

I am very sad to say that Alan passed away peacefully at 7am today after a short battle with Cancer. He will be very much missed by everyone, his family and all who knew him including all his friends from the TR race series, the Lincs group and his friends throughout the register.

See you on the other side mate.

Stuart.

I can't believe he's gone .Alan was my tr mate .we spent many hours restoring cars over the years .if I had a problem he would be straight on the phone to someone sorting it out .we travelled all over  in our trs . I'll miss him 

With much regret... RIP Alan. A champion man to know.

Mick Richards

Wow that's a shock i was just thinking this morning if he was going to Silverstone for the 100 bash i would get the ice cream this time

i didnt realise about the C

always good chat about TRs and football

a really nice honest lad and will be missed 

RIP Alan Love David keep an eye out from above

So sad to hear the news of Alan passing we used to meet up every year at the International with Nick and have a right good time,

My condolences to the family and friends.

RIP Alan

Dave.

This is such awful news.Al was a really top man, really enjoyed meeting up with him at IWE such a sad loss and taken way to soon. I’m sure he will be up there laughing and taking the Pi@@ at me when I’m tinkering with the TR as only Al could 

sincerest condolences to the family and friends 

Edited by Clarkey

This is extremely sad news.  Alan always had tickets from myself and Dave to CSCC race meetings and pit crewed for all TRs during pit stops.

Turning up i his TR 250 or the new rebuilt TR2 . Like many of us a true TR man.

All the comments above only begin to display what a great guy he was.

One of the true friends i have made in my 40 years of TR owning.

RIP AL 

Roy

This is such as shock and very upsetting.

Have known Alan for many years, always had a smile on his face and willing to help anyone out! I was stuck in Skegness area with my pi that had dropped an injector and wouldn't come back to life! Quick call to Alan and within 20 mins he had sourced one for me and i was on my way to collect. Top man!

RIP Alan, you will be missed

Tom

Very sad to hear this news. I too used to meet Alan at the Tr International for many years. Always had a good chat, great sense of humor and a laugh to be around . Also had some great Fish and Chips.

He will be missed by many but not forgotten .

RIP Alan

Guy

Just received this very sad news. I'm so shocked thinking he will not be around after becoming such a good friend for a number of years with his support and encouragement through my racing career and always took time to have a good chat at the many TR club events where we met up. A true TR enthusiast who cannot be replaced. R.I.P Alan you will be greatly missed.

So sorry to hear that Alan has passed away, he introduced me to Cadwell and Silverstone Classic,   we had many a Tr Chat on his visits to my lock up, and sitting having great Fish and Chips in Skegvegas.

A shock to all of us, condolences to His Family and close friends.

Rest in peace Mate, 

Conrad.

We didn’t know him very well other than on this forum, his reputation and humour went before him, fish and chip runs and Skegvegas and wasn’t he the one often caught dressed in Lycra?

RIP Alan, see you on the other side

Sue & Roger

Very sad news today. Alan was always good for the craic and a pleasure to talk with. An enthusiastic TR owner, he was happy to give anyone a hand when there was a car problem. As mentioned by Roy above, he was an ever present at our race meetings and often helped in the pits. 
Condolences to his family. 

Dave McD

Alan was a valued and respected member of the TR Register Lincolnshire Group.  Always ready to give advice and suggest venues and meets for runs around the county.  He took great pride in both of his TR's and had many friends within and without of the car fraternity.  TR Lincs wish to extend their sincere condolences to his family, friends and anyone close to him who is touched by his passing.