Inter-club International weekend

Just noticed that there are no posts relating to the Inter-club International weekend at Malvern on 28th to 30th June 2024 So I thought Id let you know how things were getting on on the organisation front.

We have many British car clubs signing up, a full list will be published early in the new year. 

The interest from the traders is far greater than we have ever had in any previous years at our own International, with many booked and confirmed already.

We are talking to several celebrities to help us to promote the event and possibly attend. Sarah Crabtree from Bangers and Cash fame being the first to lend her support and commit her time over the weekend.

The web site at https://www.interclubweekend.com  has more details of the event and details of ticket prices which will go on sale in early Jan. Early bird tickets are a bargain but will end at the end of February, please commit early.

This is the start of something big, a not for profit event for car clubs and their members from the whole of the classic car world. don't miss out.

Dave

Dave, I think it’s an extraordinary initiative, one that we should embrace to ensure the continued wellbeing of the Classic car movement for ours and future generations. 
Iain

1 hour ago, iain said:

Dave, I think it’s an extraordinary initiative, one that we should embrace to ensure the continued wellbeing of the Classic car movement for ours and future generations. 
Iain

Absolutely 

John

Peter Bowden did a plug for it at last nights' Chiltern Area meeting. Looks to be an interesting event to attend.

On 12/7/2023 at 11:11 AM, Dave Burgess said:

This is the start of something big, a not for profit event for car clubs and their members from the whole of the classic car world. don't miss out.

Or not, I can go and sit/visit various fields/ venues locally (I don't) to me and see all the different marques of "classic cars" I want to without driving hundreds of miles and usually paying only a £10-£12 entrance fee. The TR event solely for the various manifestations of the marque was one of the attractions to me but it would seem the time may have come to send "shaggy" to the (metaphorical) crusher and find a local club.

On 12/7/2023 at 11:11 AM, Dave Burgess said:

Just noticed that there are no posts relating to the Inter-club International weekend at Malvern on 28th to 30th June 2024 So I thought Id let you know how things were getting on on the organisation front.

We have many British car clubs signing up, a full list will be published early in the new year. 

The interest from the traders is far greater than we have ever had in any previous years at our own International, with many booked and confirmed already.

We are talking to several celebrities to help us to promote the event and possibly attend. Sarah Crabtree from Bangers and Cash fame being the first to lend her support and commit her time over the weekend.

The web site at https://www.interclubweekend.com  has more details of the event and details of ticket prices which will go on sale in early Jan. Early bird tickets are a bargain but will end at the end of February, please commit early.

Dave

Dave Celebs !!!

The King formerly known as Prince (Charles) could bring his Aston Martin be good to give it a spin guess it sits in the garage hahaha

FWIW anyone who needs accommodation in the general Malvern area best book it very soon as it turns out theres a Jazz festival on in Upton that weekend so everywhere is not only getting booked up but prices are being jacked up too.

Stuart.

North London Group already have rooms booked and our usual large camping  contingent is just waiting for the early bird tickets to come on sale

We'll see you there !

FLAG.jpeg

Edited by North London Mike
6 hours ago, stuart said:

FWIW anyone who needs accommodation in the general Malvern area best book it very soon as it turns out theres a Jazz festival on in Upton that weekend so everywhere is not only getting booked up but prices are being jacked up too.

Stuart.

ooh a jazz festival sounds good

got the tent ready

9 hours ago, dblenk said:

ooh a jazz festival sounds good

got the tent ready

JAZZ  = All the right notes but not necessarily in the right order……

As a newer member and one who hasn't attended such an event before, what kind of things happen at these? We'd like to consider coming along and looking at the website it's (understandably at this point a WIP) a bit light of details. Sure interested with the welcoming reception we've had in the Chilterns group!

Hi Steve,

there are a number of things that are advertised in good time but there are impromptu things also.

It doesn't all centre around beer and music (but a fair bit)

Bring and buy car parts/ jumble/ displays.  At Malvern a couple of years back the MG cars had a rather good autosolo

Roger