The Queen is dead. Long Live the King

Very sad 

her service to us was unprecedented.

Thank you Ma’am 

Edited by Hamish

Here's to you Queenie, you were there when I was born and have been a steadying influence on the country and varying circumstances since. I do hope those family members to follow can emulate your service.

Mick Richards

A deep and sad loss to the nation at an already difficult time.  Long live King Charles lll - let us hope he and the Queen Consort can fill the void. 

Edited by RobH

I echo what's been said above. 

On a practical note which I hope won't be minded on this forum, does anyone have any knowledge of status of UK motorsport/classic car events this weekend? Sports fixtures seem to be under review generally, we know about football etc but the govt has of course said it's down to individual organisers. It's a bit hard to gauge what's going to happen on various events (I'm waiting to hear about the Ilkely Jubilee/HRCR rally on Sunday).

Nigel

I was the theatre last night, a local relay of the National Theatre's Much Ado.     My local venue announced the Queen's death, and that anyone  who wished might leave and  get a refund.     The relay was prefaced by the Director of the NT saying that his organisation, of which the Queen  was a Patron, would continue with the performance, which was a joyful one.    It must be down to individual venues, but as the theatre says, the show must go on.

John

very sad yes very emotional yesterday

what service she gave and wisdom

its what made Britain great

never to be seen again as they said the presidents and heads of states she met over the 70 years and was Queen for 10 years when i was born !!!!

Yes i believe Charles is primed and knows what to expect and will handle it with the same decorum

long live the King going to be weird singing the national anthem 

Indeed, and rightly.   I'm told that, even in a devotedly republican country, "France Ouest" had five pages on her death yesterday.

But the Guardian did have an editorial policy of republicanism (small 'r'), yet yesterday it had nineteen pages, and today twenty five, plus a biographical supplement of FORTY pages!     I can't make it out.  Either they have a majority of royalist readers who would pull it out to keep, or the toryising effects of age is getting to the paper.   Goodness knows (I daren't look) what the Daily Mail has done.