Centres may be giving appointments 12 seems hence, but can you imagine the furore if they started before a very large proportion of the population had their first?    Those in charge of the Westminster Village Council are u likely to risk the opprobrium they would get if that happened. As I have recorded, Lancaster's project has been the victim of political rationing, and that will continue, to keep politicians comfortable.

As those who have their first will know, you are presented with a card shown g details of the vaccine you have been given.    Already, peop!e are asking if this is their "Vaccination Passport, because they want to book a holiday!   No,it's not, there's no such thing.   Yet and it so t be a manky card.

Edited by john.r.davies
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HELP THE NHS ~ I've let my adjoining empty house (fully furnished) to four NHS nurses free of charge during this National Emergency. We have a very large General Hospital at the top of the r

Very very Harsh Geko. I see a man, in an unenviable position, doing his utmost to balance the impossible tasks of trying to control the spread of a new novel virus - for which there is no treatme

By the book...

Posted Images

1 hour ago, john.r.davies said:

Centres may be giving appointments 12 seems hence, but can you imagine the furore if they started before a very large proportion of the population had their first?    Those in charge of the Westminster Village Council are u likely to risk the opprobrium they would get if that happened. As I have recorded, Lancaster's project has been the victim of political rationing, and that will continue, to keep politicians comfortable.

As those who have their first will know, you are presented with a card shown g details of the vaccine you have been given.    Already, peop!e are asking if this is their "Vaccination Passport, because they want to book a holiday!   No,it's not, there's no such thing.   Yet and it so t be a manky card.

It's the way it works John

Personnally, as a member of the very, very nearly 70 club, I think they started at the wrong end.

I know why they did it, but, I feel that returning to some sort of normality would have been quicker, had they started with the lower end of the working age group.

Under 35's ish are not so badly affected by the virus.

Do the 40' then the 50's then the 60's.  These are the one who are mixing and most likely to be spreading the virus

I can wait

I have waited and been careful for 11 months, another 4 wouldn't kill me.

Right now, the number of younger people being admitted with the virus is increasing

As we approach having done all of the oldies, and illies, the debate starts;   Who gets it next?        There's a good argument to delay those who are able to work from home, and bring forward anyone who cannot, with priority to those in 'front facing' occupations, police, teachers, bus drivers.     I vaccinated a fire fighter yesterday, so it may be starting!

Oh, and anyone who gives their occupation as 'online influencer', NEVER gets one!

29 minutes ago, john.r.davies said:

Oh, and anyone who gives their occupation as 'online influencer', NEVER gets one!

Because they work from home obviously !!

Yes whilst we are vaccinating half a million a day that does mean in twelve weeks time we need to be vaccinating half a million new bodies and another half a million a day 2nd doses, quite an uplift. In my area (Herefordshire) there were quite a number of volunteer vaccinators taken on board who have not yet been actioned, more hands to the hypodermic? Just imagine a time line and the requirements and it is easy to see that releasing both vaccinators and vaccinatees(?) to go off on summer holiday by easing the lockdown may present issues for the program. To say nothing of the adequate supplies of vaccine.

Alan

Great to see the rate of vaccinations being delivered.... yes, first and second doses (whose numbers are also captured in the official data) will be undertaken in parallel, but I do not feel that is an big issue given the demonstrated efficiency of the program to-date.

The dovetailing of the doses for different cohorts has been well understood from the outset, no surprise to anyone inside or outside of the machine :)

........ Andy 

3 hours ago, Hamish said:

Because they work from home obviously !!

Er, no, Hamish.    Many went to winter resorts, like Dubai, for a nice holiday, with a bit of posing by the pool, and justified it because it was "work related".

4 hours ago, barkerwilliams said:

Yes whilst we are vaccinating half a million a day that does mean in twelve weeks time we need to be vaccinating half a million new bodies and another half a million a day 2nd doses, quite an uplift. In my area (Herefordshire) there were quite a number of volunteer vaccinators taken on board who have not yet been actioned, more hands to the hypodermic? Just imagine a time line and the requirements and it is easy to see that releasing both vaccinators and vaccinatees(?) to go off on summer holiday by easing the lockdown may present issues for the program. To say nothing of the adequate supplies of vaccine.

Alan

It is, quite a jump, but we need to be realistic.

By the time we are into 2nd dosing, it would not be unreal to expect (for example, the current 500,000) 250,000 1st doses and 250,000 2nd doses.

New vaccination stations are opening every week . . . .making greater though put possible.

I would suggest that, by April, we will be restricted by supply, rather than distribution

1 hour ago, john.r.davies said:

We already are, John, see my previous posts.

John, I don't doubt it, not for a minute.

The demand must be astronomical

53 minutes ago, john.r.davies said:

We already are, John, see my previous posts.

I think it's been abundantly clear, from widely reported ministerial statements, that vaccine supply is and will continue to be the chief rate-constraining factor. A credible commentator (an international immunisation expert although I forget his name) explained simply that three things are needed for a vaccination campaign: supplies of vaccine, people to do vaccinations and people to be vaccinated. It seems there is no major shortage of the second and third elements: there doubtless were some initial local delays in getting things organised but now every region seems to be well covered by multiple resources.

The ONS figures up to last week suggest a pretty even roll out across the English regions, although London is a slight anomaly with a lower rate of >75s vaccinated but a higher rate of 70-74s. London has had a lower than UK average uptake of vaccinations in the past so that may be one region where the third factor (people to be vaccinated) is a significant factor.

Having said all that, it's also a near-universal feature of all humanitarian crises for media reports to arise of 'the forgotten village' unreached by aid. I've no doubt the same will happen with the covid vaccination programme as the press will manage to root out some areas or individuals or groups that have been 'missed'.

Nigel

As have people here already!

And nations - vaccine chauvinism has already arisen, although briefly, between the UK and the EU.    As we hear about the more viscious 'new variants', the inevitable mutation of Covid means that we will continue to be at risk from them arising, not only here but around the world.    'Forgotten villages' are more likely in Africa or Asia than here, and we are not safe until we are all safe.

14 hours ago, barkerwilliams said:

The Garland brothers uncovered a NE to SW gradient in MS incidence across USA ca 1980 (IIRC) and attributed it to sunlight and D3.  The Coimbra protocol for using huge doses of D3 ( ca 50 to 100,000 IU pd) has a following, but needs restriction of calcium in diet. The Wahls protocol uses safer D3 and a complex diet.  Its an ongoing story, progress slowed as in all brain-CNS disease by inability to biopsy. So the mechansistic basis of how D3 might work in MS is uncertainPeter

1 hour ago, barkerwilliams said:

Tks Alan,  The vit D bit added at the end I suspect was demanded by a referee. And quite right too !  Peter

Had injection today, 17:20 appointment. arrived 5 min early in a 80 space car park and walked out 15 mins later done. Asked for cup of tea and biscuits but they laughed.

Mick Richards

13 minutes ago, Motorsport Mickey said:

Had injection today, 17:20 appointment. arrived 5 min early in a 80 space car park and walked out 15 mins later done. Asked for cup of tea and biscuits but they laughed.

Mick Richards

A cup of tea and a biscuit is worth a whole arm of blood.

Roger

27 minutes ago, Motorsport Mickey said:

Had injection today,

Me too.   less  than ten minutes for the whole procedure.  Astra-Zeneca so no need to wait around in case of anphalactic shock. 

AstraZeneca here also but after they said either wait for 15 mins in large room socially distanced, or wait in own car and blow horn if help needed. No contest,... car still warm and Radio 4 to listen to. Still no biscuits and tea...damn.

Mick Richards

Edited by Motorsport Mickey

Just watching Morning Live on the biased broadcasting company while I quaff my porridge, a question comes in from the public asking are there any benefits from taking vitamin D? The resident doc says yes, everyone in this country, particularly those with darker skin colour should take a daily supplement. You should follow the advice from the NHS which is to take 10mg, or 400IU daily. One of the resident hosts chirps that she takes 1000IU daily. The Doc, hesitates a little, then says well that’s better than not taking any at all.

I suppose that as ever he can only trot out that line as that is this country’s health department recommendation. I wonder if behind the scenes all these people are shovelling back 1000’s a day like we are?