Where did you drive to with your TR today

Just a short run out  - no pix,  Checked the antifreeze protection yesterday and decided to give a bit more.  Removed about 18 fl oz but couldn’t get more than 12 back in, even after a couple of heat up/cool down cycles in the garage so thought a run out would help shift any bubbles.  Well it didn’t, but all was OK - wasn’t even too cold considering the roof was down, as usual, and external thermometers showed zero’ish temps.

Very sunny today - so will probably give it another go later.  Any excuse will do for a drive out and better (but only just!) than a drive to the supermarket in the day car.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Alfrom said:

Just a short run out  - no pix,  Checked the antifreeze protection yesterday and decided to give a bit more.  Removed about 18 fl oz but couldn’t get more than 12 back in, even after a couple of heat up/cool down cycles in the garage so thought a run out would help shift any bubbles.  Well it didn’t, but all was OK - wasn’t even too cold considering the roof was down, as usual, and external thermometers showed zero’ish temps.

Very sunny today - so will probably give it another go later.  Any excuse will do for a drive out and better (but only just!) than a drive to the supermarket in the day car.

Hi Pierre

I fitted a thermostat housing from an MG Midget 1500 which has a filler plug  on the top, it works really well at getting all of the air out of the cooling system.

George 

Edited by harlequin
  • 2 weeks later...

Contacted my girls  for a relaxing drive out, enjoyed lunch at the Crab Shell, then onto Big Bury, haven’t been there for years. Hotel only open to guests now used to pop in for a cream tea or a pint at lunch time in the Pilchard Inn, closed today.

Lovely day calm and relaxed.

IMG_0043.jpeg

IMG_0045.jpeg

IMG_0053.jpeg

IMG_0054.jpeg

IMG_0049.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

out for a 110 miles test drive today, visiting the Würth-Museum near Künzelsau

ABLVV84o5nWdHhC_RGDJp2TNT3Cs9HqE1S-ZVji2

Reinhold Würth is called "the screws king" due to his very successful business.

He spents a lot of money for art and his museums - they are all free to visit. And his business is a hudge benefitt for the Hohenlohe region.

So far we always visisted the 2 museums at the town Schwäbisch Hall, today the 2 others near Künzelsau

ABLVV85Wsdi8NrWADfHgaP6rgkPvsn0HbdrsFk3V

On Museum #1 (big sculptures) a exhibition about "threads" (history, making, tools, trivial) is shown, very interesting (for me)

ABLVV86_rJY-GT3VhiIyYug89zkcZE-ej4GurIF3

A lovely afternoon and well and safe back at home, the car run great after 4 months at the garage

Ciao, Marco

Edited by Z320
15 hours ago, Z320 said:

Hi,

out for a 110 miles test drive today, visiting the Würth-Museum near Künzelsau

ABLVV84o5nWdHhC_RGDJp2TNT3Cs9HqE1S-ZVji2

Reinhold Würth is called "the screws king" due to his very successful business.

He spents a lot of money for art and his museums - they are all free to visit. And his business is a hudge benefitt for the Hohenlohe region.

So far we always visisted the 2 museums at the town Schwäbisch Hall, today the 2 others near Künzelsau

ABLVV85Wsdi8NrWADfHgaP6rgkPvsn0HbdrsFk3V

On Museum #1 (big sculptures) a exhibition about "threads" (history, making, tools, trivial) is shown, very interesting (for me)

ABLVV86_rJY-GT3VhiIyYug89zkcZE-ej4GurIF3

A lovely afternoon and well and safe back at home, the car run great after 4 months at the garage

Ciao, Marco

I used to buy Wurth stuff but stopped when they started sending small amounts in large boxes separately from one order, would have been so much better if they had sent items to the rep and he could have delivered as he was a regular visitor.

Stuart.

36 minutes ago, stuart said:

I used to buy Wurth stuff but stopped when they started sending small amounts in large boxes separately from one order, would have been so much better if they had sent items to the rep and he could have delivered as he was a regular visitor.

Stuart.

Indeed,

I have seen this indication lable on the entrance:

"All payed by orders from Stuart"

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Day started off lovely so popped out for a drive, and spot of lunch.  Church house Inn at Holne. Great for Sunday lunch.

Property has quite a history.

IMG_0188.jpeg

IMG_0192.jpeg

IMG_0190.jpeg

IMG_0197.jpeg

Edited by Misfit
  • 2 weeks later...

Left the Stratford Manor Hotel early this morning returning to Devon for the groups 2nd Sunday lunch of this year. The Lamb Inn, they were very accommodating having unexpectedly had an increase in numbers on the day. Food was good as was the company.

IMG_0242.png

IMG_0239.png

Edited by Misfit

Another lovely day Kingsbridge, Salcombe, Overbecks National Trust (apparently closed on Friday) Slapton Beach, Dartmouth for my Devon Pasty, then over the River to Brixham before returning home Via Totnes. 

IMG_0256.jpeg

IMG_0253.jpeg

Edited by Misfit

Saturday afternoon at Exeter racecourse having finished HERO Challenge 1 run over a 150 miles of Devon and Cornwall roads . Don't let the afternoon sun fool you we had lots of heavy downpours, some even of hail intermingled with some brief sunny spells for most of the day.

Dave

20240323_174355.jpg

On 3/23/2024 at 9:00 AM, Misfit said:

Another lovely day Kingsbridge, Salcombe, Overbecks National Trust (apparently closed on Friday) Slapton Beach, Dartmouth for my Devon Pasty, then over the River to Brixham before returning home Via Totnes. 

IMG_0256.jpeg

IMG_0253.jpeg

Ah the higher ferry …..

a crossing that I have done sooo many times.  Even drove the old ferry as a kid !! Different times :o