• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

bff5d3ee-6daf-4555-9085-73840156da80.thumb.jpg.a5852618cc53ae54292861da0aec187d.jpg e564c778-d548-4810-9163-4a5abc64cf7b.thumb.jpg.5d671536bd00e489756e769226e3da17.jpg 

On Saturday, Ashtead Village fair, & cavalcade. The Volvo featured on car SOS, & has Roger Moore signature on the rear of the drivers seat.

Bob

Edited by Lebro

On Sunday afternoon myself and Sue got in the 4A (at apprx 3pm) to shoot off to Burnham Beeches to escape  the heat.

1 minute (apprx 1/2 mile) from the pub (the Jolly Woodman) the heavens decided to drown us. 

We were fairly dry into the carpark but then getting the brolly up took longer than expected.  The carpark was awash,  We were awash.

When in the pub it too was awash - the staff were busy sweeping the  tide out the back door.

Anyway, we now had to have a beer as there was no escape.. Some very wet customers

I then had to have a quick  half as the escape route was still rather soggy.

By Jove it didn't half pour down

Roger

1 hour ago, RogerH said:

Hi Nial,

where was that Tudor building.   It looks stunning.

Roger

Z320 is correct and although it looks Tudor I don’t think it is as the Black Beams are actually Concrete it’s stunning Building in stunning surrounds.

Met up with the Norwegian TR Register Co-ordinator Bjarne at the farm of a mutual friend on Loch Lomond, great to make new connections!

TRev at SPs..JPG

West Wittering and Selsey. Photos are Selsey, no pics of the car.

IMG_2365.jpeg

IMG_2364.jpeg

IMG_2363.jpeg

10 hours ago, SuzanneH said:

Selsey

Is that the place where Suggs used to go?

"I’ve been driving in my car, it don’t look much but I’ve been far

I drive up to Muswell Hill, I’ve even been to Selsey Bill"

3 minutes ago, Charlie D said:

Is that the place where Suggs used to go?

"I’ve been driving in my car, it don’t look much but I’ve been far

I drive up to Muswell Hill, I’ve even been to Selsey Bill"

That’s lovely, happy days.

Yes that’s the place but nobody seems to bother with Bill anymore. Poor ol’ Bill.

Today three members from the Redrose Group joined the Stoke Group at Gladstone Pottery ( home of Pottery Throwdown from the TV) it was a lovely day to catch up, and answer questions from the general public. Thanks to the Stoke Group for the invite.

Mike Redrose Group 

IMG_8755.jpeg

IMG_8731.jpeg

IMG_8732.jpeg

IMG_8734.jpeg

IMG_8722.jpeg

Hi,

yesterday we have been out with the TR Register local group "Nord-Baden" to the northern Black Forest.

14 TRs, all run well, a lovely and sunny day, sadly no photo of what I would like to show you from the Black Forest.

AJFCJaVEZ-_Czn7y5EuWtPQzRwBEkEAefrV3Q-5w

bou52hpDjgFlKlbFXSA0RDJQONL7o9xxNoRhJteC

Today we had a quiet day sitting in the garden and on our terrasse,

when a real horrible noise from the engine and brakes from an old lorry caught our attention.

(What did Ettore Bugatti say about Bentley....?)

AJFCJaVbDGEDSOQqwTe655CLzQd0lSsDxMavA3SB

New guests have been arriving to the guest house in our neighborhood on their way from Swiss back to the UK.

And because it was closed at that time we invited the driver (85 years young) and his wife to rest and for a drink in our garden.

A lovely time and real interesting what he was telling us about his time at Esslingen (where I was born) in the very early 60-ies.

Believe it or not, his landlord in 1960 was a far relative of mine and he visits his son tomorrow!

Ciao, Marco

Edited by Z320
4 hours ago, Z320 said:

This afternoon we did a nice repair party on the Bentley and now go down all together to the village center to the Monday‘s wine table

That sounds a very civilised kind of village Marco !   What needed fixing on the Bentley ? 

He had some problems with the wurm of his Bednix starter, assambled with Ford Model A parts,

"identical" with our TR Bendix starters but (IMO) less solid. We fixed it with the worm assabbly on the lathe and making a bronze washer.

The Maultaschen with a jar of beer at the Beer garden tasted them well, later the Riesling (white) and the Barique Lemberger (dark red) too.

Live is a big surprice!