So what happening in your garage this weekend?

Darren,

You brought the problem on yourself by making an elementary mistake in the domestic politics game - you acknowledged they were there! :D

Cheers

Andrew

Is that the wife, the rolls of paper or the spare room? :rolleyes: .... anywaysup I am now the proud owner of a handful of brownie points which I shall us some other weekend in the near future

:D

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stuart-- Some better pics of the tubing straightener. The aluminum blocks are 7" x 1" x 0.5".  You should be able to closely estimate the other dimensions from those, though none are particularly

Morning all,  got the job finished gearbox out the only thing that got in the way was the flap on the bottom of the heater. Now got to clean all parts take off and tidy up things under the dash as the

Preparing my Ford Zodiac MK4 Executive for sale. Too may classic to look after!

Posted Images

Fitted springs to recon head without loosing any collets. Forgot the spring seats. Doh!

Fitted new camshaft and measured tdc using piston stop. Seems to be a good 6-8 degrees from the mark on the pulley. Will measure again.

Tim

Good news. TR6 does not have full spring seats and tdc is correct (just had the pulley the wrong way around)

Happy camper

.............probably not a lot....... my first granchild is about to be born so i guess i have to celebrate with some intoxicating bevrages over the weekend.... :D

Lots done over the last few months so maybe I can just sit and admire it for a while

Waiting for poly bushes for trailing arms

Waxed the TR4, frustrated neither is running at present

Graze

Hopefully finishing a long list of small jobs on the Forester daily. Once done, the 6 can come into main workshop (rather than shed it's wedged in currently) and I can get started. The perfect situation would be to have the 6 inside by tonight.

Edited by Barry911

Nearly ready for spring

Edited by Daz

Seem to have spent ages welding new metal into the rear wheel arches but this weekend I have just fitted the first new heritage panel to go on my car- the rear kick plate. The body is still in two halves so havent plug welded the sides yet. Soon on to the new boot floor and side panels.

Sod the garage, it hasn't got above 5C for the past fortnight . . . . . at least the garden had some sunshine today, it was a damn sight warmer than the ruddy garage, so garden tidying instead !

That's what comes of having garage walls made of 4" of thermalite block, 3" of kingspan, 4" of breeze block, and then 6" of stone cladding. Once it cools down, it takes one hell of a long time to warm up.

Roll on Spring . . . . .

Cheers

Alec

didnt really spend any time in the garage

put the iridium spark plugs in and went for a blast over the mountains west of Brissy for breakfast this morning (about 180km all up)

car started & ran really well -as you'd expect with new plugs

other than that cant say I can really feel the difference in performance & no difference in fuel economy

Graze

Spent the morning welding in some new metal and prepared the new boot floor , after a bit of faffing happy with the fit.

All stop for dinner family over ,then cricket training with the youngster this afternoon .

Then back in the garage later to plug weld the floor in.

Hopefully

Mark.

Hi Sean

Not able to load pics need to get this sorted.

Finished plug welding floor.

Need to fit shell to chassis replace inner wings fit new inner outer valences .

How are you getting on with yours looking at your posts you seem to be in a similar situation.

Mark.

This weekend I fitted a refurbed pedestal to solve a persistent oil leak and a refurbed metering unit and set of injectors.

Bled and ran beautifully but then the MU started leaking from the rectangular cover ie the same fault it had when it went in to be repaired (Neil will sort out)

Fortunately TR Shop was open and they sold me an exchange from KMI. Fitted this in the rain.

Drove car, ran nicely, no leaks - happy commute this morning.

Car now needs to got to Enginuity to check the MU set up.

Snowy

Hi Mark,

Yes I've finished welding new metal into the rear wheel arches and diff cover and fitted a new rear kick plate. Next job is the boot floor and both boot sides and inner valance. Then need to fit to chassis so that I can do the inner wings and outer valance. Not sure if this is the correct order but it works in my mind anyway. Shame about the pic uploading. Hopefully you can sort.

Best,

Sean

Fitted new seats, new overdrive switch, and replaced the column bushes oh and fitted new steering wheel. other than that ... not much :rolleyes:

Since Christmas I have been doing a few jobs as follows: Fitting overdrive logic device, overdrive momentary switch, new poly fan bushes as the rubber ones fitted last year have perished already, new clutch clevis pins/push rods, weld clutch pedal hole & re drill, new flexible clutch pipe, refurb clutch slave cylinder, new throttle pedal bushes, new pedal box bushes, repaint pedal box and pedals, repaint clutch mc bracket, repaint washer bottle bracket & replaced the elastic strap, replaced big end shells, replaced mains shells, replaced thrust washers, sorted the oil pump and generally tidying up auxiliary & alarm cables and added an additional fuse box.

Hopefully they will all be done by next weekend :rolleyes: .

Gosh! I'm exhausted just reading stuff you guys got up to! Hats off to Snowy!...Changed his MU at the side of the road in the rain!!!