So what happening in your garage this weekend?

At the end of January I was going to rebuild the 4A engine but it was very cold.

So decided to renovate the boot lid - remove all rusty bits and repaint.

After that I renovated the surrey rear frame - Ali corrosion. Today I finished the frame and it looks good.

This afternoon I started work on a friends 4A boot lid - same old problem ; rusty bottom edge.

Roger

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stuart-- Some better pics of the tubing straightener. The aluminum blocks are 7" x 1" x 0.5".  You should be able to closely estimate the other dimensions from those, though none are particularly

Morning all,  got the job finished gearbox out the only thing that got in the way was the flap on the bottom of the heater. Now got to clean all parts take off and tidy up things under the dash as the

Preparing my Ford Zodiac MK4 Executive for sale. Too may classic to look after!

Posted Images

Spent afew hours stripping clocks cleaning faces and repainting bezals , finished drilling fixing holes and rheostat hole in dash and painted decals on wiper switches.

Pleased with how its turned out after reveneering with light oak.

Edited by Mark69

removed hood completely

removed panels for a good clean... surprising how mucky the leather was...!

masked up and protected the whole car from the boot forward... now rubbing down rear deck and boot lid...had a few cracks in the paint...but the boot lip is in really good condition...no rust...!

getting ready for paint in the week..

I borrowed a Dial Gauge but after failing to find a place to hold it still gave up and used my tried and trusted meathod after pushing the crank pulley home with a big screw driver then jamming my finger tight between the cross-bar and the pulley got someone to depress the clutch...and yep, didn't hurt at all!...So, all's good then! Dial Gauges Bah!

Edited by Denis

Reinstalled the dashboard, re-veneered by my local cabinet maker in cordoba olive and finished with 10 layers of matt floor lacquer. Total cost roughly ten quid, but the real bonus is getting rid of the grim walnut and 'lumpy gravy' varnish applied with consumate ineptitude by the PO.

First photo is before and after:

dashboard_02.jpg

Installed - leather steering wheel is on the 'to-do' list:

dashboard_03.JPG

Even the white vinyl roof (another PO special) looks vaguely in keeping with new brighter facia:

dashboard_04.JPG

Cheers

Paul

Reinstalled the dashboard, re-veneered by my local cabinet maker in cordoba olive and finished with 10 layers of matt floor lacquer. Total cost roughly ten quid, but the real bonus is getting rid of the grim walnut and 'lumpy gravy' varnish applied with consumate ineptitude by the PO.

First photo is before and after:

dashboard_02.jpg

Installed - leather steering wheel is on the 'to-do' list:

dashboard_03.JPG

Even the white vinyl roof (another PO special) looks vaguely in keeping with new brighter facia:

dashboard_04.JPG

Cheers

Paul

Love the Dash Paul, beautiful grain.

Steve

Hi chaps. Good weekend so far. Nearing the end of my chassis swap. Sorted oil supply to rockers. Ran in new camshaft. Fitted last of the chassis bolts, gearbox tunnel, seatbelts, seats. Just need to fit bumper brackets, boot lid and bonnet and we should be ready to go !!

Cheers

Tim

Fixed the reverse light on the TR6 and nipped up the front wheel bearing

Moved everything ready for a garage repainted tomorrow as part of getting house ready for sale

Graze

Discovered - the hard way - that not using the right engine block adapter when replacing the oil pressure gauge pipe with the braided variety guarantees that the entire contents of the sump will discharged over the garage floor within a minute and a half of start up.

Now struggling to free the original adapter from the block, so far without success. Not a good weekend...

Paul

Finished putting the heater box back together, welded and fabricated a new cill cap end well pleased only 3 more to do,

This afternoon going to the national botanical gardens classic car show .

Well when we got there it was a local club meet , there was an Austin and an mg a couple of tractors and a guy with three lawnmowers!.

Came home welded and fabricated another two cill end caps , 1 left to do.

Going to put feet up and watch car sos.

Edited by Mark69

Rubbed down and painted boot lid an rear deck... Needs a good flat and polish now ....!

Finaly got the OD back in working order. Had renewed relay, most of the wiring and the gearbox switches. This w/e a friend from the TR Club DK came over and helped me with adjusting the solenoid movement (infact he did the job, there is only room for one pair of hands!). Now it works fine and crispy on all three gears. Had some problems getting the H-frame back, though - had to remove the felt under the tunnel mat.

Manfred

A last little check over and off for MOT on Saturday morning, so long as its not snowing ! :angry: Then Wednesday 1st April off to the post office for my FREE road tax. :blink: Then I can spend some time polishing my 5/8" Sill trims and waxing my body coloured sills

Edited by Daz

I was going out for a blast but the weather looks wet so I will be fitting my Phoenix manifold and link pipes

What's happening in my garage this weekend? Nothing, as I have been 'tasked' to redecorate a bedroom (or two) and also repaint the garage door (double!) and will suffer the pain of death if I'm seen with a screwdriver or a spanner in my hand rather than a paintbrush..........................

Cheers

Andrew