So what happening in your garage this weekend?

Final checks for Spa next week. :rolleyes:

Good luck to all thats going see you there :P

Cheers

Mike B)

Founder Member of the "Stoneguard Club"

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stuart-- Some better pics of the tubing straightener. The aluminum blocks are 7" x 1" x 0.5".  You should be able to closely estimate the other dimensions from those, though none are particularly

Morning all,  got the job finished gearbox out the only thing that got in the way was the flap on the bottom of the heater. Now got to clean all parts take off and tidy up things under the dash as the

Preparing my Ford Zodiac MK4 Executive for sale. Too may classic to look after!

Posted Images

Whish I had the TR here on Crete, top could always be down. (And pity having to go back to Sweden and **** weather)

off to the The Goat Inn at Skeyton Norwich on Sunday.... supposed to be a great show.. hope the weather holds out...!

Polish and general 'tart up' on Saturday, shake down check on Sunday doing the Lea Valley Group tulip rally to the Shuttleworth Collection before Monday's departure to the south of France. Au revoir, mes amis.

Nothing happening in my garage this weekend...... Because we're off on a mini adventure in the TR6!

Heading down to Mersea Island in Essex, where I learned to sail as a kid :-)

Well had first MOT since 1998 yesterday, its been in bits since then, and failed on.... headlight adjustment - well I had helpfully left the bezels off, no seatbelt buckles - I'd just lifted both seats and lost them underneath, that occurred to me while he was testing it, and poor handbrake. I supposedly had that to bits at some point since 1998 and it should have nicely sliding cylinders and be adjusted something like, but I'll have another look at it first before buying the arm extenders. Then as its 1973 built got to see if the Post Office will change the tax class.

A bit of refuelling.

Prado out of action with non releasing clutch, so TR used for running round.

Fuel gauge near bottom mark when engine cut.

two mile walk to buy petrol can and petrol.

bummed ride back from young man with weird haircut but generous nature.

have added several gallons more in the garage.

not going to do that again. E means empty.

Edited by littlejim

off to the The Goat Inn at Skeyton Norwich on Sunday.... supposed to be a great show.. hope the weather holds out...!

... I might see you there Nick, if the weather holds good tomorrow will have a run up there myself.

My Vitesse engine had already been in three other cars when installed in 1989, but was still a good one. It's done 70k miles since then, many of them hard miles. The bottom end is still original Triumph assembled, and although it doesn't rattle on start-up and has good oil pressure it burns lots of oil. I've been dosing it with Wynns for the last 5 years. I built a new short engine for it last year but hadn't good around to fitting it....... until now

Out with the old......

P1120337s_zpsdttlbzfd.jpg

In with the new tomorrow. Though I can't finish it until the new lot of cam followers (FLAT faced this time hopefully) arrive.

Nick

Fitting my new Racetoration’s split tunnel cover and picking up my new Black Leather MKII MX5 seats for fitting on Sunday.

Monday, hopefully out for a blast.

Not going far this weekend as waiting for Granddaughter No 2, Angie (wifey) is like a cat on hot bricks waiting for the phone call.

The 6 may get as far as the drive for a little sun and a polish.

B)

Fitting my new Racetorations split tunnel cover and picking up my new Black Leather MKII MX5 seats for fitting on Sunday.

Monday, hopefully out for a blast.

If fitting MX5 Seats you may have to do what I did with the Gearbox Cover as in the Alloy Plate,the Bulge for the Angle Drive fouls the Drivers Seat as its moved Forwards. Edited by TR NIALL

Finishing off fitting a new timing cover oil seal and the an oil and filter change. Then fitting a new grille and then....,,

If fitting MX5 Seats you may have to do what I did with the Gearbox Cover as in the Alloy Plate,the Bulge for the Angle Drive fouls the Drivers Seat as its moved Forwards.

Thanks Niall. That's a great tip, I'll watch out for it.

Trying to figure out why my heater keeps blowing its fuse...then fingers crossed if i get the nod from the wife ill fit my spanking new hood i picked up from beauliue for 100 quid then out for a thrash!

Trying to figure out why my heater keeps blowing its fuse...then fingers crossed if i get the nod from the wife ill fit my spanking new hood i picked up from beauliue for 100 quid then out for a thrash!

Has the motor seized?

Edited by Peter Cobbold

or have you had the heater switch out....very east for it to short out on the metal on the dash.... from expieriance....!!

maybe off to the bradenham (norfolk) classic car show and fete......free to enter... never been worth a look...

Work on Saffy today:

1. Fitted RetroSound shallow 4.5" speakers (1.3" mounting depth) from Moss (£46) in their sale (Link) to replace the hideous 5.5" speakers mounted on 5" pods on the rear panel - what was the PO thinking?

2. Rebuilt the correct wiper motor (75655A) - now just need to test and fit it - maybe tomorrow.

3. Adjusted the MU mixture as it was running lean and popping on the overrun (thanks to Neil Ferguson (K Raven-Smith) for the advice) - however, I adjusted it too far as it's now running like a pig! - will back it off 1/2 turn tomorrow and see where that takes me.

Tomorrow is another day and planned jobs are:

4. Sort 3 above!

5. Strip, clean and rebuild 3 x original early washer motors (thanks Mr Bling) - hope to get at least two working from the three.........

6. Pack and send off for refurbushment:

• Saffy's original Lucas fuel pump - given back to me by Cox & Buckles, Kingston (to Neil Ferguson)
  • Original 15ACR alternator (to Cox Automotive Electrics, Atherstone)
  • Original water pump and pulley (to EP Services, Wolverhampton (comes back with a life-long warranty)

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith