So what happening in your garage this weekend?

Can someone please tell me what the captive nut holes I have circled in Stuart's photo below are for. I have fitted new inner wings and foot well panels but do not have these holes. Many thanks,

Sean

post-12473-0-42047100-1492276246_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stuart-- Some better pics of the tubing straightener. The aluminum blocks are 7" x 1" x 0.5".  You should be able to closely estimate the other dimensions from those, though none are particularly

Morning all,  got the job finished gearbox out the only thing that got in the way was the flap on the bottom of the heater. Now got to clean all parts take off and tidy up things under the dash as the

Preparing my Ford Zodiac MK4 Executive for sale. Too may classic to look after!

Posted Images

Im playing with my front suspension

full re bush.......Hat on waiting for the incoming :ph34r::D

Can someone please tell me what the captive nut holes I have circled in Stuart's photo below are for. I have fitted new inner wings and foot well panels but do not have these holes. Many thanks,

Sean

Hi Sean,

Fuse box and connector block. Hope this helps.

Mark

Fitted the hardtop in preparation to bring the car South to its new home

Jonnyboy

For myself it could well be called a week rather than a weekend as hit by this dreadful illness I had, during the last years, not much time or strenth to undertake any kind of work on my TR6.

But last week I felt fit for a dive under the car for some maintenance.

First task was to replace the steering rack gaiters, an easy straight forward job I thought.... but far from that.

No way to undo the counter nut of the ball joint, only solution was to split the nut in order to undo the joint. Than the second problem surfaced when the left side gaiter, a LHD car, did not slide over the rack body.

No other option than removing the complete rack and do it on a bench. Very tight fit on one side I must say, but the positive news were that it allowed my to check the rest of the rack for play ect...

At the same time I took the opportunity to replace the 45 year old upper suspension ball joints too and clean/check all the other parts of the front suspension.

Now as the wheels were off I gave the underside of the wheelarches a good cleaning. Removing the baffle plates and unbolting the lower side of the front wings also allowed me to clean off sand that had collected in this area during the last 20 years.

Unfortunately not all mudd drains via the opening slots in the wings, but to my surprise there was no rust present.

Some overdue work done now, but at the end I noticed that chemo and hard work is requesting it's toll, will need a rest before attacking the rear side to fit the new CV driveshafts

Good to hear that you're hands-on the tools again Jean - well done !

I reckon you've suffered a much longer treatment regime than I had, so I'm not surprised that you need a break between garage sessions. It's a slow business regaining fitness after chemo and radiotherapy, hard to get past taking twice as long to do half as much . . . . . :rolleyes:

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Alec

Completly away from cars, friday night bellringing at Kenilworth, brilliant day out yesterday at New Forest Water Park, wakeboarding, boy , am I stiff today! (sons stag weekend) home late last night. More ringing today at Coventry Cathedral. Google Bellboard & I'm on no 7 at cathedral & no 1 at Kenilworth. TLC for 4A next weekend. Sad life I lead.

Doug

Refitted cylinder head and supercharger (this time with RTV on the inlet gasket) and was rewarded with a lovely idle at 700 rpm and no water leaks. MOT this week and then first drive in over 18 months (hopefully!)

Tim

I happily did something (almost) completely pointless to my 6 this weekend. I recently fitted a shiny new Revotec fan to replace a 25yo Kenlowe that had given up the ghost, and I've been casting around for a manual over-ride switch. As I now have a thermostat in the top hose and in the bottom hose (just because) I thought it would be fun to be able to select manual/both/top/bottom. Look what I found in the depths of the garage - a RATOG switch from a Seafire :) It has four positions but more importantly it doesn't feel plasticky.

Can anyone beat that for pointless fun ?

J

post-924-0-82263400-1492989868_thumb.jpg

Payen head gasket..

Tim

While the majority of you were out enjoying yourselves today, I have been prepping bodywork ready for new diff panel.

Hopefully next year I will be sat in the drivers seat.attachicon.gifIMG_20170423_152005.jpg

nice..... gives me the urge to cut mine out... i have to do the kick panel too... not sure how wobly it will all get if i take out both sections at the same time...

Hi all,

As an owner of only two weeks I had a fair bit of fettling to do, new wing mirrors fitted, re-spray sun visor arms and metalwork ready for new visors, fitted new steering wheel, fitted new bonnet buffers, which seem a bit pointless as neither side contacts the bonnet??

Loads more bits to buy and things to do over the coming months.

Hi Nick,

I would suggest that you do one panel at a time, so leave the kick panel in and change the diff floor panel or vice versa. That way you have reference points for each panel prior to and during fitting to ensure you are not going wrong.

Sean

Now that's building from scratch !

A few White Rose members getting together to do a chassis swop over for one of our members (freind) he's really pee'd off his lovely TR6 failed its mot on a very surprising rotten chassis so its as many hands as possible to make a start,we're mainly sidescreen owners/repaires so it will be a lot of head scratching i imagine, lots of spanners jacks wood straps and a tractor to do the donkey work and a new box a tea bags are all at the ready.

Over the last couple of weekends I've done a few jobs that I have been dreading and putting off for ages. Last weekend I made a new section for my LHS headlamp frame which was rusted out, and this weekend I have made a couple of drip trays for the inner wing to bonnet drain holes. I am chuffed with the outcome of both to be honest. Hopefully the drip trays will work, but I wont know until they are used in anger. Relieved to have them ticked off the list though.

post-12473-0-85126900-1493489404_thumb.jpg

post-12473-0-88541400-1493489437_thumb.jpg

post-12473-0-35520600-1493489523_thumb.jpg

post-12473-0-62952400-1493489552_thumb.jpg

post-12473-0-92179800-1493489602_thumb.jpg