TR Action 348

1 hour ago, saffrontr said:

North south divide time again, nothing here in Northumberland.

Derek 

Nope, not here either.

Stuart.

Arrived in sunny Essex yesterday

Mainly yes Pete,  it is the PO.  At present my local delivery office is chronically short of staff so we are getting maybe two deliveries a week, if there is enough post accumulated to justify it.  Sometimes it is only once a week.   They are prioritising delivery of packets and parcels over letters.  Tough luck if you are waiting for something important.

Edited by RobH
2 hours ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Do we deduce from this thread that the post office or who ever is contracted to do it;  their delivery service is at fault?

Hi everyone, 

Although it is a comfort to me that members are so keen to get their TR Action fix, it is a cause for concern that our postal service is failing you and therefore the register!

Our printers have the distribution contract and I am assured that all copies of the magazine are delivered to the postal service at the same time, ready bagged and labelled. To show the vagaries of the postal service, i received my copy of TR Action two days ago, earlier by two days than Bluestone, who is less than fifteen miles from me in West Wales and from the same major sorting office! 

I therefore question whether it is simply the luck of the draw or what fits on the delivery lorries or perhaps even down to the local sorting and delivery staff? I can therefore only apologise on their behalf!

Ed

I believe that most postal sorting/delivery offices are short of staff, so mail accumulates until it has to be delivered just to clear shelves.

For the past months. our delivery service in Thame has been very variable, and when post has been delivered it has tended to be in quite a bundle.

I rather doubt that the situation is going to improve, and I don't think Editor Trevor should concern himself - there's nowt he can do to improve matters.

Ian Cornish

Our copy arrived today in deepest West Sussex. As Ianc says local delivery offices seem short of staff and the pattern of delivery we receive also suggests they only deliver when a bundle has built up. I imagine it saves visiting every address every day.