A touch too far …..

Apparently some people do not like them and have actually asked for them to be removed from the assortment. :o 

No doubt the company were all too willing to comply (and probably reduce some cost at the same time). Philistines.  :angry:

I’ve always felt that eating Bounty Bars was a bit like chewing soggy cardboard. The bits of coconut (if that’s what it really is) always get stuck in my teeth and they don’t seem to have any taste to them.

Even our cat doesn’t like them, and he will eat anything.

Dark Cocolate Bounties are the best, especially if you carefully nibble the chocolate off first then you can just discard the coconut centre.:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, SuzanneH said:

...you carefully nibble the chocolate off first then you can just discard the coconut centre...

Or wrap the coconut center up in the original wrapping paper and give it to someone you don't like.

Just imagine...bite off each end just taking the chocolate off and then dunk one end into your coffee and holding it in suck the coffee through finishing off the coffee impregnated coconut afterwards...hmmm heaven.

Mick Richards

• TorontoTim changed the title to A touch too far …..

Bounty ones are my favourite's !

Another nail in the Christmas coffin. Mind you the boxes are getting smaller by the year. 

Who remembers when the Quality Street came in a proper giant tin you could fit a good sized cake in afterwards and "The Lady Loves Milk Tray" with the lime barrels in?

Andy

3 minutes ago, PodOne said:

...a proper giant tin you could fit a good sized cake in...

Or if you didn't have a cake handy you could cut it up into squares and pop rivit it over holes in the TR chassis.

You can't do that with a plastic box.

6 minutes ago, Charlie D said:

Or if you didn't have a cake handy you could cut it up into squares and pop rivit it over holes in the TR chassis.

You can't do that with a plastic box.

:lol: Remember my Dad fashioning a patch out of a bean can to cover the front crossmember on a Morris Traveller and then filling it wit concrete to get her through the MOT.

10 hours ago, TorontoTim said:

Bounty bars are an abomination and I support their banishment to the outer fringes of confectionary. Dark chocolate only compounds it. 

There, I've said it. :D:ph34r:

How very dare you - and I thought we were friends !!  :D

Bob

They really shouldn't mess with Celebrations by taking the Bounty bars out. I once swapped the wrappers around once and my wife really got her Snickers in a Twix !

Alan G

4 minutes ago, cp25616 said:

They really shouldn't mess with Celebrations by taking the Bounty bars out. I once swapped the wrappers around once and my wife really got her Snickers in a Twix !

Alan G

:D :D:D