Where did you drive to with your TR today

Early bird catches the worm or the fresh morning air before melting weather starts.

Off early up onto the moors before travelling to Slapton via Totnes Kingsbridge, then onto Dartmouth via the Castle and home.

EC4CB03F-2017-44B2-8ADB-657C1164C9DA.jpeg

CEFB42A1-9230-45A5-96DC-DF470E8A4D6E.jpeg

A1EB743D-ADF5-4559-A38B-63AD89FD2F08.png

B989A730-00C8-4F28-B56D-DE66FC866A77.jpeg

BA66A8DB-F9BC-43DE-A368-A228A66B85C0.jpeg

Edited by Misfit
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

Saffron Walden Car Show on the Common - Sunday 14th

Cheers to Alan Short - Events Co-ordinator, TR Register East Saxons Group,  for the email letting us know that this event was on. The East Saxons have two groups, who meet at different venues, and yet who rarely meet. I generally go to The Alma  whereas most of these attendees were from The Farmhouse . They're a nice bunch of people and most welcoming to Katie  and I.

P1430310.thumb.JPG.fa33b110789301b6a0a4e29a2503cbad.JPG

P1430293.thumb.JPG.6f2d46ce08868517e4fdb1c93ff94f26.JPG

P1430291s.thumb.JPG.def6ef8f752cf22b257b0e3e5e349d51.JPG

Getting there as a group and parking under the trees was an inspiring move by our leader. Coming from Ipswich and across country I turned up an hour later but was most grateful not to be sitting out in the open sun scorched Savanna. Many who did left early afternoon. . .

P1430286a.thumb.JPG.c9da9bf48d87cf113cb96e1a21707bb7.JPG

^ Saffron Walden's 'The Common' is enormous, as it carried on way down the gentle slopes to the left of the photo with military vehicles, vintage tractors, American muscle cars, and a number of motorcycle clubs.  Aside from the exotics there were also a host of more modern (1970s and '80s)  everyday classics. Fords were out in number, and a colony of Moggy 1000's were also found sheltering under the canopy of tress.  There were a number of extraordinarily low mileage and unusual cars too. . .

P1430299as.thumb.JPG.f4cc0c05e96d5a33173d99ca4149bcc2.JPG

^ Rover 3500 Estoura

P1430303s.JPG.cf4dedf16d843ea26dd23c8713aa5793.JPG

^ Zephyr Coupe Utility, from Australia, with straight-six 2.6 litre fitted with a Triple Weber carburettor manifold courtesy of one of that country's own tuning houses. 

All in a really good show, albeit too hot out in the sun for many. Still, it was a unexpected and pleasant surprise to give free entry for all, whether on a motorcycle or car, and to visitors on foot.

Katie  and I came back to sunny Ipswich via a slightly different route, and that was through Steeple Bumpstead and then Clare before dropping down to Sudbury and back to Ipswich via skirting around Hadleigh.  It was a good cross country drive (no motor or dual-carriageways at all) and mostly pleasant driving at my own pace.  I say mostly because I did find myself behind a modern Fiat 500 traveling at just 25 mph.  Once the road straightened enough to see 1/4 mile along I overtook but a numbscull came the other way around the next bend at excessive speeds. He was running wide around the corner, and although I had overtaken quickly and was well back onto my side of the road, the experience appears to have scared the other driver a tad ..as expressed by the farting blare of his car's horn.  I managed a broad smile. :rolleyes:

clare-suffolk.jpg

^ I but briefly stopped in the ancient but small market town of Clare  < here > to visit their fabulous church ..it was Sunday after all.  But as that was just around 5pm, it was soon-after time to lock the doors. Clare and the surrounding villages are littered with historic architecture and, what looks on passing to be, a good selection of nice country pubs.  I've a fad interest in 13th - 14th century history at the moment and this little town, which is now on a cross-country route to nowhere-in-particular, seems to have been largely forgotten ..so I plan to visit again sometime very soon.

Again my thanks to Alan and the TR Group for pulling together an excellent outing.  It's always very much more pleasant to turn up at such an event and to meet up and enjoy conversation with friendly faces.

Pete.

Edited by Bfg

Called in at the Three Grayhounds Inn on our way to the Redrose meeting, this pub has a car club all you need to do to join is take a photo of you car in front of the pub and you become a member and get a free pint next time you go.

Mike redrose group 

5DF664DE-8C4E-4074-BB74-0CA85F90FD54.jpeg

Hi Folks,

popped up to the Bicester Heritage centre to  get some oil from Heritage Oils.

On the way  up we spotted a couple of biplanes flitting around.

At the centre's airfield they had a dozen or more biplanes that had come in an hour earlier.

It looked rather strange to see so many all in one small area.

At the oil shop they had pallet loads of 50Ltr barrels. Upon closer inspection it was Gulf 102RON petrol for the racing boys.

Sadly I couldn't get any into the 4A.

Roger

To the TR meeting off course!
It was a pleasure to have met several virtual friends in the real world.

Thank you all,

Waldi

37 minutes ago, Waldi said:

Thank you all,

Waldi

Good to finally meet you too.

Stuart

13 hours ago, Waldi said:

Thank you all,

Waldi

Just so, Waldi. and your good lady too!

Safe driving.

John.

We have been touristic out for a long weekend at the "Pfalz" (lovely and sunny wine area)

to visit a garden fair at Maikammer and the Weinfest at Deidesheim.

This is on our way back today (the tree is a fig tree).

e62GOWCYt_YcNdJhj6LAs-av3pXMu3asXUgn5wq3

Short time later we crossed the river Rhein by ferry again

(yes, we have bridges, but I like to go by ferry when ever it is possible :))

v6Q3uWinaerU_eb4QtCZttsx7zk4G2VmO9rAHZdp

We will be back there soon at autumn, it's so nice there...

Ciao, Marco

8 hours ago, Richardtr3a said:

It looks like a very attractive part of Europe and I should be there this summer in my TR3A which is now running well.

You are lucky

Richard & B

Hi Richard,

yes, indeed, but stupid as we are we also destroyed a lot of old and nice structures
and built it up „nice“ and „clean“.

I like to remember very much the cute little villages at the UK which we traveled the last years (before Covid and Brexit….).

The wineyards are missing there, but you have orchards for making cider!
You can get cider akso here, but ist is not that much common anymore.

In September we are visiting the Pfalz for the next time for a 150 km classic vehicle rallye.

Ciao, Marco

Edited by Z320
My poor English

Four cars from North Devon made the trip to the Honiton Hill Rally today. We managed a TR3, TR4, TR5 and TR6 but failed miserably to park them correctly.:unsure:

06AFD340-1F9B-43B0-91AE-7586EABF4F5A.jpeg

Edited by Drewmotty

Our green and pleasant land……..

9AD4DB05-A011-4B5E-839A-105894B12C52.thumb.jpeg.82910558b8010b132e5d9ff7d2949212.jpeg

Still…. Lucky to get in with a full crowd riverted to the action?!….. Was on the way back from rare (for me) run out to TVG at Surrey Oaks annual beer festival…… if you didn’t watch the news, this area of Surrey takes you back to the time that everything was well in the world

Edited by Tony_C
Forgot the photo

Myself and Sue headed West today.

M40, A40 beyond Oxford towards Bibury in Gloucestershireland.

We had a lovely lunch in Aldsworth at a friends pub, washed down with a pint of Timothy Taylor's Landlord - Hmmmm

Then spent an hour driving aimlessly around this stunning countryside.  ALL the rivers looked happy and wet.

Roger

The TR has reclaimed its garage from the Stag for the time being. 

It's been a great daily driver for the past couple of weeks, its so much fun I haven't even taken the bikes out. 

The boy loves all cars but especially this one and has already figured out the key and starter button. 

New t trac tyres fitted this week too 

Keep on TRucking

20220822-181636.jpg

20220824-125813.jpg

20220825-141406.jpg

20220830-184415.jpg

20220830-185510.jpg