Yes I know it's a TR4!! At first thought it was glove box door. But no, glove box is secure. Passenger door secure with no play in hinge. Can't see anything obvious underneath the car. Has been present for ages but seemed more annoying on my first run this month.

Seems to be from left side forward if the seat. Perhaps I'm just getting older and more picky but probably more to do with road surfaces these days. 

1 hour ago, John Mellor said:

Yes I know it's a TR4!! At first thought it was glove box door. But no, glove box is secure. Passenger door secure with no play in hinge. Can't see anything obvious underneath the car. Has been present for ages but seemed more annoying on my first run this month.

Seems to be from left side forward if the seat. Perhaps I'm just getting older and more picky but probably more to do with road surfaces these days. 

Tonneau zipped half up?

As unlikely as this seems….

The slider on my tonneau has an audible tickling noise when half the tonneau is fitted and the slider is by my shoulder.

10 minutes ago, 62-tr4-DK said:

I found a cause for the rattle in my Tr4 in the bonnet stay... !?

Covering the stay in HeatShrink sleeving will reduce the rattle noise.

Roger

Foreign body (a marble etc) in the plenum chamber near the water drain.

When I first got my 4A on the road the return springs on the rear drums where rattling against the shoes.

I put some Silicone RTV joining the springs and the shoes together

Roger 

Many thanks folks I'll go through those suggestions. Will be nice to have a peaceful interior???????

Love mechanical noises from front end and exhaust.

My annoying rattle turned out to be loose plates located just behind each b-pillar. These plates were previously used to secure the folding hood mechanism that had been made redundant following conversion to Surrey Top - at least that’s my theory.

David

57 minutes ago, Dady said:

My annoying rattle turned out to be loose plates located just behind each b-pillar. These plates were previously used to secure the folding hood mechanism that had been made redundant following conversion to Surrey Top - at least that’s my theory.

David

A lot do forget to do that but the OP has a soft top car.

Stuart.