Well done Niall - mine’s a pint when I get there !!!!! - just had a mail suggesting entry to the showground is via the green gate on the A37, so checking “de google maps” the main entrance to Bath and West Showground is via the A371, and if I have placed the “stickman” in the correct place on the A37 there is no indication that this location has anything to do with the Showground 

(Note to people who speak the King/ Queens English; de = the )

image.png

Edited by B Fitzpatrick
14 minutes ago, B Fitzpatrick said:

Well done Niall - mine’s a pint when I get there !!!!! - just had a mail suggesting entry to the showground is via the green gate on the A37, so checking “de google maps” the main entrance to Bath and West Showground is via the A371, and if I have placed the “stickman” in the correct place on the A37 there is no indication that this location has anything to do with the Showground 

image.png

IMG_3420.png

On 8/6/2023 at 9:57 AM, Misfit said:

I understand that Bob so should the management determine a day and time for  forum members to meet up and add it to a schedule,  or when TR@70 was announced months ago would it have been an idea for one of the regular attendees to suggest and agree a time and make the request prior to the schedule being produced.

I guess that this may make me even more unpopular,  sometimes I wonder do we need to accept some responsibility.

Hi Derek

It has been some years since the Forum Meet was included in the official schedule because I can recall proposing the time/place for Stratford on the Forum as I did last Saturday for this coming weekend. I think that I (and subsequently Niall) was taking responsibility.

I have no idea how the time and place was previously agreed when it was formally included on the official schedule. Personally, I would be happy for it to be included as a standing item in future years at 16:00 in the beer tent (as that seems to suit most folk) so long as it does not clash with any other events. That way it becomes embedded as would be a reminder-announcement shortly beforehand from Wayne or whoever. If necessary, we can take a poll amongst attendees on Saturday. 

So I hope that you and plenty of other Forum users are able to make it on Saturday afternoon. Between us, Niall and I will have a mountain of stickers for name badges!

Finally, like Brian and Waldi I have volunteered a few hours to help out. The last time I looked I was the only one on the gate 08:30 to 11:00 on Saturday so it’s going to be a b****y slow entry for many unless a few more join me.

Miles 

Edited by MilesA

A month ago, I volunteered the services of both Maddy and myself for various duties, but it seems we aren't needed for Gates and Parking, whereas both of us have been listed for the Club Stand on Saturday from 11:00 to 13:00, which is when Maddy will be in Wells (her trip was booked ages ago and I have her coach ticket here).

Never mind, we shall make ourselves available when we arrive on Friday afternoon, and hope to assist those shown in the schedule.

Ian Cornish

9 hours ago, B Fitzpatrick said:

image.png

I too am confused.

The showground postcode is BA4 6QN which is off the A371 not the A37.

So where are we supposed to head for?

Jerry

14 hours ago, ianc said:

Never mind, we shall make ourselves available when we arrive on Friday afternoon, and hope to assist those shown in the schedule.

Ian, contact Phil to change you duties or hours. He would be delighted to hear from you.

Mick

Jerry - as I posted on the other TR70 thread after Phil and others confirmed we enter via the Green gate as the main entrance is being used for the large flea market at the weekend:

This is the B&W Showground advice on gate location using what three words:

B&W Showground site web pages: https://www.bathandwest.com/royal-bath-and-west-show/visitors/getting-to-the-show

Every 3 meter square of the world has been given a unique combination of three words. Download the What3Words App to find the exact locations of each of our entrance gates:

Main Gate (A371) – ///bowhead.irritated.button

Blue Gate (A371) – ///cabin.sprouting.again

Purple Gate (A371) – ///sprinkler.performed.requires

Green Gate (A37) – ///sheep.simulations.fixed

I've greyed out the other gates. sheep.simulations.fixed gives a spot on/very near the entrance off the A37.  https://what3words.com/sheep.simulations.fixed

Very apt for an agricultural showground to have 'sheep' as one of the words. I'm a bit concerned that simulations is one of the other two!

Can't wait for the show, after what happened last year, its been a while. Just hope the weather plays ball, I'd prefer to have the roof down!

Gareth

2 hours ago, RogerH said:

Camping Gaz stove is your friend

Roger

Surely with your scouting background you can do better than that Roger!