Hi Everyone, we still need more volunteers to help deliver the show. The following tasks need some more help:

Marque car parking: getting them to park in the right place!

Camping marshals: making sure everybody is happy and not doing anything unsafe.

Arena support: getting cars into the arena at the right time

Club stand: selling merchandise, new memberships etc.

Please see provisional schedule attached.

If you can spare a few hours to help out can you please contact me Phil Horsley on opsmgr@tr-register.co.uk

Triumph TR@70 Schedule.pdf

21 minutes ago, Ian Vincent said:

Looking at the schedule, I can’t see a Forum meet. :(

Rgds Ian

The occasions when there has been one its pretty much always been unofficial.

Stuart.

So the forum is useful for putting out an appeal for volunteers...................but does not deserve being part of the official programme ?

26 minutes ago, Peter Cobbold said:

So the forum is useful for putting out an appeal for volunteers...................but does not deserve being part of the official programme ?

That sums it up nicely Peter.

Rgds Ian

3 hours ago, Peter Cobbold said:

Yep, just like all the other subsections of the membership: local groups, competition, touring, youth etc. There will be loads of unofficial meet ups and none will be in the programme.

Please focus back on the issue: we need more help to run this event.

Mick

19 minutes ago, Mick Forey said:

Yep, just like all the other subsections of the membership: local groups, competition, touring, youth etc. There will be loads of unofficial meet ups and none will be in the programme.

Please focus back on the issue: we need more help to run this event.

Mick

Maybe, Mick, if those various groupings wer given more exposure in the official programme they would already have arranged to volunteer? As it is, their 'unofficial status' perhaps distances some of them from the central organisation? Peter

Back to the original request:
Events like this cannot be run without volunteers, so I volunteered, what is a couple of hrs on an entire weekend? And maybe I can meet others while at the gate.

Cheers,
Waldi

Pauls correct,  I saw somewhere here on the forum recently, suggesting a forum meeting on Saturday at 1600 hour at marquee bar tent. Which appeared well received.

I wonder did anyone ask the operation manager or Jo from office for this meeting to be added to TR@70 schedule when it’s completed? 

Edited by Misfit

I understand that Bob so should the management determine a day and time for  forum members to meet up and add it to a schedule,  or when TR@70 was announced months ago would it have been an idea for one of the regular attendees to suggest and agree a time and make the request prior to the schedule being produced.

I guess that this may make me even more unpopular,  sometimes I wonder do we need to accept some responsibility.

Surely it’s not a biggy.

the forum must be the best place to arrange a forum meeting in the real world. 

if it was in a program of events you would have non formites turning up to view the gathering like visiting a Zoo :lol:

so are you all going to have name badges  - forum name above real name ??

Sorry i can’t make it to join you all and thank you in person for all the help and moral support you have provided :wub:

For those considering helping I can say from past experience you can have a bit of fun while doing it .

It's a good way of meeting new people and having a bit of banter etc and for  only a couple of hours  you miss little of the overall event.

Sadly due to family circumstances I can't be there but have a great time guys

Brian

Well seeing as I was involved in organising the Forum Meet on several other occasions I’ll try this one.

We shall meet in the Beer Tent for 4pm I’ll have Name Tags organised so we can all get to know each other a little better  we shall also have a Photo opportunity and it should all be over by about 5pm so all Forum Users and others don’t be shy please do drop along and meet other like minded TRers,Cheers.

I’ll be asking Wayne on the Day to make an announcement around 3.30 to remind those who are a bit forgetful.

Edited by TR NIALL
1 hour ago, TR NIALL said:

Well seeing as I was involved in organising the Forum Meet on several other occasions I’ll try this one.

We shall meet in the Beer Tent for 4pm I’ll have Name Tags organised so we can all get to know each other a little better  we shall also have a Photo opportunity and it should all be over by about 5pm so all Forum Users and others don’t be shy please do drop along and meet other like minded TRers,Cheers.

I’ll be asking Wayne on the Day to make an announcement around 3.30 to remind those who are a bit forgetful.

Fandabbydozy Niall

Well done 

John

8 hours ago, TR NIALL said:

Niall look forward to a catch up

Dave