International Weekend Shepton Mallet

Does anyone know the itinerary of the weekend. I have heard for Saturday there is planned drive outs which do not interest me and the main day will be Sunday which I plan to leave around midday. So what is the itinerary? I have been to everyone since the late 80s apart from ill health on a couple and enjoyed them all.If this is going to be a shadow of what we are used to I will think again.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter

Hi Harry, it is absolutely not going to be a "shadow of its former self". This is the description:

This fun, informal and sociable weekend will include optional road runs and visits to local attractions, followed by live music and evening entertainment. The show area features Concours D' Elegance, Autojumble, Beer Tent and our Live Arena - plus a few surprises! 

Sounds like a good weekend to me but like any TR Register weekend, the event is made by the people joining in and having a lot of fun. The more the merrier, and I am not just referring to the beer. We are celebrating 70 years of the TR family with TR friends from the UK, across Europe and hopefully a few from further afield. 

Mick

Edited by Mick Forey

Waldi: that's excellent news!

I was concerned that with the high costs of travel across the water in August, we might not see friends from the Continent and Ireland.

You will be VERY WELCOME!

Ian Cornish

As in previous years, I expect that once the detailed schedule is released, an exchange of suggestions for time and location will take place here and a consensus will be reached. looking forward to meeting Forum friends again in August. 
Miles

On 2/8/2023 at 10:17 AM, ianc said:

Waldi: that's excellent news!

I was concerned that with the high costs of travel across the water in August, we might not see friends from the Continent and Ireland.

You will be VERY WELCOME!

Ian Cornish

Thank you Ian! I was hoping to meet you and off course my other “virtual friends” again. 

Greetings from Holland,
Waldi

On 2/6/2023 at 5:55 PM, Mick Forey said:

Hi Harry, it is absolutely not going to be a "shadow of its former self". This is the description:

This fun, informal and sociable weekend will include optional road runs and visits to local attractions, followed by live music and evening entertainment. The show area features Concours D' Elegance, Autojumble, Beer Tent and our Live Arena - plus a few surprises! 

Sounds like a good weekend to me but like any TR Register weekend, the event is made by the people joining in and having a lot of fun. The more the merrier, and I am not just referring to the beer. We are celebrating 70 years of the TR family with TR friends from the UK, across Europe and hopefully a few from further afield. 

Mick

Looking forward to it.

EBE9DFF1-0FDA-4667-88D5-F37D9040B6D1.png

I don't know how true this is so some verification from the top wouldn't come amiss but I've heard that one of the 'surprises' will be some 'OFF ROAD' driving! 

Well that's Phil Tucker and Wayne taken care of but what about the rest of us?  I'm sure it might make a good spectacle but will there be any other takers to go mud plugging in their TR? I doubt it. 

Hoges. 

• 2 months later...

I received my TR Action today and have booked Weekend tickets for both of us, plus a coach trip to Wells for Maddy on the Saturday.  Worth booking early for the discount.

There's a reasonably detailed schedule for the event, from Friday to the finish on Sunday afternoon.

When I got to the end of payment, the system asked if I would be prepared to answer a few questions, to which I agreed.  However, the screen went blank for a while, then told me that EventBrite (which handles the bookings) had disconnected me!

Ian Cornish

56 minutes ago, brenda said:

I have been trying to book since yesterday and get the same information, do not recognise you number, have sent a Email to the office but not received a reply yet. 

Mike Redrose group 

F5FE13BE-65C0-495B-BB72-D858C66C980F.jpeg

Hi Mike, I've identified the issue for you and corrected it. You can now use your membership number to reveal the member rate tickets. 

I did a test using your membership number and all seems to work fine. 

4 minutes ago, Wayne Scott said:

Hi Mike, I've identified the issue for you and corrected it. You can now use your membership number to reveal the member rate tickets. 

I did a test using your membership number and all seems to work fine. 

10pm and Wayne is still working behind the scenes for the members. 
thats going above and beyond :o :D

Like many others I did not book in advance last year and the reason was we did not want to choose which day to go to the show as our plans for the rest of the weekend were not finalised. This year advance tickets are still day specific but the same price for both days at £15  plus £1.98 Fee.  What's the fee for, surly the tickets are £17 all but vrs £25 on the gate and choose your day.  For us there is  still no incentive to book in advance while tickets are day specific.