Hi all,

Not a new topic of conversation I know, but I would appreciate some advice on where folks are currently going for their insurance please. I have gone through Footman James for more years than I care to remember, however this year they want to raise my premiums by 42%, with no changes from the previous year, which I think is a case of penalising loyal customers. 
Does anyone have any advice on alternatives please?

Best regards,

Mark

Theyre all at it to pay for the costs associated with EVs and Hybrids plus the global shortage of spares.

Stuart.

Lancaster seem quite competitive, paying about £130 on a 1960 TR3A with agreed valuation of £25k and restricted to 3k miles per annum

I'm with the TR Register scheme which I found competitively priced plus you have the advantage of driving other member's cars with the same insurance on a fully comprehensive basis

cheers Rich    

I started with the TRR scheme and gradually over a few years have added my other cars so that everything is with them now. The service has been good and the premiums have been very competitive (although I've never had to make a claim). The breakdown cover is also competitively priced.

If you look at the club accounts which are on the main site, you will also see that the commission earned from premiums makes a significant contribution to total income

I'm also with the TRR scheme and have been for a while now - with our three classics all insured with them at very competitive prices for agreed value so far. We checked what our everyday cars would be at last renewal would be with the scheme, but it wasn't as good as our current insurer for the moderns at the time - we'll check again next renewal.

I have my TR, & two other (more modern) non classics on the same policy with TRR insurance. Happy with the price, yet to see how they perform when needed !

Bob

I started with the TR scheme run by Michael Mortimer in the 1970s, and have remained with it as it moved through Flint & Co. to its present form.

I added my (comparatively) modern Citroen C5 estate to the TR a couple of years ago.

There has been a not unexpected increase this March, but in view of the costs involved in fixing all moderns (which will get worse with electric cars) and the large numbers of uninsured drivers crashing into those who have done the right thing, I can accept this.

Ian Cornish

I have two TRs insured for four drivers with the TRR scheme. Not the cheapest but great cover and service. When I did make a claim it was handled quickly and painlessly; that’s worth a lot. 

Try Footman James online you may be surprised. I was with Lancaster but an over 50% price hike lead me online to look around and I am still with Lancaster at the rate I paid last year! I thought this was against the insurance industry's regulations.

Cheers

Richard

I’d suggest Peter James and Classicline for alternative quotations, they are both usually competitive 

……. Andy

Another vote for the club (TRR) scheme. Multi-car policy, competitive on renewal, again, and, worth more than diamonds, the ability to drive other members cars insured on the TRR scheme. Brilliant for touring and club events where you are sharing a car with a mate. Used it for years, very good service, recommended !

Whilst my Tr3 has still to hit the road my wife was in a no fault accident in our Mercedes SLK. We had our insurance through Carole Nash on a classic policy. They put you in the hands of their claims handlers who are Kindertons. A number of insurance providers use Kindertons for this and I will make sure that anybody who provides me with insurance in the future has no connection with Kindertons. There is even a Beware of Kindertons Facebook group which illustrates the "service" you will be likely to get if you need to use Carole Nash or Kindertons. 

Registers own since Flint's  days, now with two moderns as well. one claim was dealt with brilliantly.

That's the 'REAL' cost of insurance.

John.

I have been using RH for a number of years, my "modern" is with them too and I have been happy so far. No charges for mid term adjustments, and breakdown cover included though not had to use it yet . Renews in June and I will be interested to see what the renewal price is because so far this year my work van insurance went from £400 to over £700, and my AA Gold membership jumped by £68 to £228 while at the same time included a note saying vehicles used for commercial purposes were no longer covered. As my modern was already covered by RH`s breakdown cover I only needed the AA for the van, so moved to their business dept and got the van covered for £148 and cancelled the Gold membership. 

As for the van insurance, I used a comparison site and found comparable fully comp cover for £340.

It seems like you have to look around each year to avoid existing customer price hikes, and I never let them use auto-renew.

Ralph