Inter-Club International - June 28/30th - 2024

So there you have it folks.

Next year's 'International' joint with other clubs, no doubt the only way to do it, at 

Malvern, seems everyone's first choice, end of June many asked for that.  - Outside school holiday costs?

Go book your B & B and start plans.

John.

See also this thread.

Edited by SuzanneH

John, can you please change the title of the thread to Inter-Club International so we get it right and nobody starts to think that we will not invite all the European Triumph and TR Clubs to it, as we do every time. We are already discussing this event with a large number of British Car Clubs to make it really special.

Mick

• John Morrison changed the title to Inter-Club International - June 28/30th - 2024
5 hours ago, SuzanneH said:

See also this thread.

There was a question on another post, roughly saying would we go it alone if as in the past the other clubs withdrew:-

The reply from Mick, stated in short it was a joint decision by all three clubs due to costs v ticket sales.

There appeared to be a question which didn’t appear to be answered, So I’ll repeat it here. should we assume then on that basis, if ticket sales appear down, would the same occur again or are we beyond that, with a large number of members enjoyment taking preference. 

I ask this as as much as I enjoyed Previous International events where other clubs agreed an event together like Stafford on Avon.

I would and I believe others too prefer to have a more low-key event for sure like the one just passed, than not have an event at all, or as occurred a rushed last minute one day event with free entry that still cost the club 1000’s when one, two or all three clubs decide prematurely to cancel.

Edited by Misfit

While discussing with a large number of British Car Clubs has its merits , do we not risk falling into the same trap as previously.

An  inter-club event would be fine as long as the projected expenditure does not exceed what the club can cover should the other clubs once again get cold feet.

Basing the viability of the event on the volume of pre-booked tickets as before , in the current financial climate could again prove problematic. Big is not always beautiful and another cancellation would be a serious blow to the clubs credibility .

As long as some safeguarding is in place basically a good idea

Just a few thoughts

Brian

Hi Brian,

the TRR can survive a major financial loss  should it happen.  It happened in 2007  - biblical rainy Malvern.  The TRR continued happily.

I wouldn't trust the MG or TSSC with my pocket money.

Indeed invite whoever but be prepared to be disappointed.

As some one once said   'only trust your enemies when you don't need them'

Roger

We got together with the MGs in 2021 at Malvern and it was a resounding success.

As we will be at Malvern in 2024, and it is without doubt the best and most popular venue for TR people, I see no reason why we should not have another excellent Weekend.

Ian Cornish

10 hours ago, brian -r said:

While discussing with a large number of British Car Clubs has its merits , do we not risk falling into the same trap as previously.

An  inter-club event would be fine as long as the projected expenditure does not exceed what the club can cover should the other clubs once again get cold feet.

Basing the viability of the event on the volume of pre-booked tickets as before , in the current financial climate could again prove problematic. Big is not always beautiful and another cancellation would be a serious blow to the clubs credibility .

As long as some safeguarding is in place basically a good idea

Just a few thoughts

Brian

Based on what i do a cancellation charge normally gets people to commit as they want to be involved not well i will come if we get a response ???

if a client said i will order but if a change my mind and leave half the equipment in manufacture i wouldnt entertain that client or the PO

there needs to be protection for those that actually want to make the event work ???

david

If we are going to persist with gatherings @ places like expensive show grounds such as Malvern & Bath then let’s be prepared to have to dig into the reserves to pay for it! The alternative is to find nice smaller venues such as we have had @ Walton Hall. It will be interesting to see the attendance figures for the recent TR70.

Nothing wrong with including other clubs at all , makes for a more  interesting weekend and a good mix of people ( I had an MGB for seven years before the TR and enjoyed it. There confessed at last:ph34r: )

The point being that to build an event that financially relies on other clubs as in the past and then has to be cancelled , can not happen again if the TRR is to retain credibility and attract trade support of any description, which goes along way to enhancing the weekend  

Brian

My understanding is that there is support for the idea of possibly four major regional events, such as the 'TR Register Scottish Weekend', rather than a single annual 'Inter-Club International' event. Has the idea ever been fully explored by the Management Team, or is there an intention to do so. 

2 hours ago, Ecosse said:

My understanding is that there is support for the idea of possibly four major regional events, such as the 'TR Register Scottish Weekend', rather than a single annual 'Inter-Club International' event. Has the idea ever been fully explored by the Management Team, or is there an intention to do so. 

I hope not……..!!!

A north and south weekend would be nice why do they have to be in the south west of England at expensive locations consider Scottish and northern members.

whatever happened to Rutland water cheap and cheerful whatever floats your boat pay at the gate and cut out the middleman.

angry man from up north aka Michael.

When we went to Harrogate to satisfy northern members wishes - they didn't  bother to turn up.

The beauty of one big bash somewhere is that we can meet all out friends from everywhere.

If the meetings are scattered around we will miss some one somewhere.

Roger

1 hour ago, RogerH said:

When we went to Harrogate to satisfy northern members wishes - they didn't  bother to turn up.

Roger

A bold statement Roger. Another event when it lagged it down with rain as I remember. Do you have the regional attendance figures to back it up? Perhaps some of the Southern softies were just fearful of the potential for violence from we Northerners, bearing in mind that we all still wear Blue Woad up here.

Dave McD ( Northern attended at Shepton Mallet)

Have to agree with SuzanneH above, I hope not either. Lets just leave it at one big event shall we, something to look forward too.

Roger you have opened a can of worms right enough by stating that the last two visits to Harrogate were not attended by "Northerners" ..... ahem I think it was the southern based TR addicts who thought "everywhere is too far in a TR" and did not turn up!  We still have to travel " darn sarth" because we are used to it and your perception of why these were " financial failures" doesn't really help. Roger this is not meant to be a criticism but if you live permanently in an Anderson shelter not all the bombs will miss! LOL

Roll on Malvern, can't wait.

Alan G

2 hours ago, RogerH said:

The beauty of one big bash somewhere is that we can meet all out friends from everywhere.

If the meetings are scattered around we will miss some one somewhere.

Roger

Really Roger. I was at Harrogate with the Clyde Valley group and I know there were members from Inverness and Aberdeen. I drove home through storm Bertha in a Swallow Doretti without a soft top and it was a round trip of over 500 miles so hardly on my door step, probably further than you! It was the lack of members and traders from the south which was the problem.

Cheers

Richard