How to tell when or where the magazine is.

Or to put it another way, somewhere after leaving printing and before you get it.

Chris

I haven't had my TR Action no. 345 yet, here in sunny Spain. 

Kind Regards,

Dave

Apologies to all members, due to a mix-up TR Action 345 will now only start to be sent out early next week.

Everybody is working hard to recover the situation.

Mick

14 hours ago, tr graham said:

It’s always late , 

No

Delivery used to be unreliable

During the past 2 years, delivery has, here, been on the button.

Let's not go back to the days of constant griping, unless it is justified

On 6/10/2023 at 3:43 PM, Mick Forey said:

Apologies to all members, due to a mix-up TR Action 345 will now only start to be sent out early next week.

Everybody is working hard to recover the situation.

Mick

Many thanks for the update Mick much appreicated :D

Sorry John, maybe where you live it has been on time for the past two years but certainly not up here in Northumberland and no this is not a gripe, this is just saying it as it is!

Derek

Have to agree Derek, too many apologies nowadays, how come?  This magazine is so late its crazy and yet certain people continue to praise shoddy timescales.

Alan G

There maybe a ‘technical’ hitch in the distribution this time as already explained above but I think you could look towards your Royal Mail for the disparity in the delivery times of previous editions
My recent experiences with that once venerable institution lead me to believe it is one of the worst in the Western world.

Yet an other state owned enterprise run for the interest of the employees rather than the customers.

james

6 minutes ago, james christie said:

Yet an other state owned enterprise run for the interest of the employees rather than the customers.

No, it is not state owned - floated on the LSE in 2013. It's actually run for the benefit of the shareholders rather than the customers.

Pete

I'll just give another prompt for an it's actually in the post indicator somewhere on the website, so we know it's down to Royal Mail if it does not arrive on time.

The latest delay seems to be exceptional, but the information put out by email before can't possible have been based on reality i.e. they can't have been in the post then as much later they still had not been dispatched.

Is it really that hard to require from the printer an actual posting date and then to share that.

Chris

Recently I had occasion to post a GoPro battery door in a small Jiffy bag. It weighed almost nothing but because it would not fit through the post box slot in the PO they charged me £4.61 for 1st class delivery. It took 10 days to arrive!  I also recently sent a 2kg parcel by Evri for £2.65 which arrived in 48 hours. How the Royal Mail is going to survive unless it sorts itself out is a mystery to me.

Rodders.

Edited by modelbuilder
8 hours ago, modelbuilder said:

Recently I had occasion to post a GoPro battery door in a small Jiffy bag. It weighed almost nothing but because it would not fit through the post box slot in the PO they charged me £4.61 for 1st class delivery. It took 10 days to arrive!  I also recently sent a 2kg parcel by Evri for £2.65 which arrived in 48 hours. How the Royal Mail is going to survive unless it sorts itself out is a mystery to me.

Rodders.

The only problem with using Evri, is that if you aren't in when they deliver, they will throw it in front of the door and leave it there.  My son in law had a guitar delivered and they just threw it over the fence.  And I had a golf club delivered that arrived with a broken shaft.

Rgds Ian

12 hours ago, Ian Vincent said:

The only problem with using Evri, is that if you aren't in when they deliver, they will throw it in front of the door and leave it there.  My son in law had a guitar delivered and they just threw it over the fence.  And I had a golf club delivered that arrived with a broken shaft.

Rgds Ian

........................and they are so easy and friendly to deal with  -   not

Roger

Just a new name for Hermes. 
an expensive rebranding because the had such a sh1te name in the delivery industry  

5 minutes ago, RobH said:

My copy of 345 hit the doormat this morning. 

+1

Hmm pigeon post did not make the south of scotlnd then, oh well whats another day ????

Alan G

Nothing here either, no matter as 346 is due out on the 26th, maybe it will reach the wilds of Northumberland before 345. Now if I was a betting man...............!

Derek