• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

Very true Hamish, times have changed, I too spent many years visiting my grand parents in Dartmouth, camped on the fields approaching Man Sands even driven down the stony track to the beach.

I have travelled the river Dart on a ferry, in my dell quay dory many times. Sailed out from Philips yard on a friends 30ft yacht, travelled down the spectacular coast line visiting the beaches the little  coves in both, crossed over the Dart in both the higher and lower ferries and yet although times have changed, I still can’t get over the spectacular, breathtaking scenery this area offers, which I just love.

Edited by Misfit
15 hours ago, brenda said:

Lovely cottage on the right as you get off the ferry, hopefully we’ll be staying there again next year.

Mike Redrose Group 

IMG_0425.jpeg

Cool,

I browsed the web with google with this photo,

and what Google found was this photo at the again open TR Register forum!!!!

Ciao, Marco 

20 hours ago, brenda said:

Lovely cottage on the right as you get off the ferry, hopefully we’ll be staying there again next year.

Mike Redrose Group 

IMG_0425.jpeg

Just got to put up with the occasional day time high speed  Devon train service on that line. 

Edited by Hamish

Meet up with the Stoke Group this morning for a lovely drive to Weston Park car show, where we meet the Shropshire group and had a nice stand with 19 TRs. A little cool still but stayed dry, after a good look round and a chat over lunch it was Time for our run back avoiding the potholes.

Mike Redrose Group 

IMG_0460.jpeg

IMG_0461.jpeg

IMG_0463.jpeg

IMG_0464.jpeg

IMG_0475.jpeg

IMG_0499.jpeg

Had a nice  run down to Dorking for the Thames Valley group meet. 

M25 behaving itself.  And then some nice country roads to let the 4A engine purr along.

A couple of TRaction engines turned up.  I beautiful condition

Then a third TRaction arrived complete with two lady drivers.

Roger

P1070416a.jpg

P1070424a.jpg

Yesterday me and Sue popped over to an ex-quarry lake (Little Britain).  We've had a bit of rain lately.

The lake had risen about 3 ft and was over flowing into the River Colne. This caused the river to swell and a ford close to where the attach pic was about 5ft higher than normal.

The water you can see had come up the road and blocked off a foot path for the Hillingdon way.

A couple of walkers got to the puddle and the man was stuck. Unlike his wife he had no wellies.

So I came to the rescue in my Amphi-TR - he sat on the rear wing whilst I ferried him all of about 10ft to dry land.

Roger

Little BritainA.jpg

Edited by RogerH

On an Autostrada south of Ancona, Italy, heading for Bari and the ferry to Greece for a regularity rally with 35 classics of all sorts. In a friend's Staaaaag.

Mick

IMG20240404115557.jpg

On 4/4/2024 at 11:39 AM, Misfit said:

Please send photos of Bari if you get a chance we are passing through there in June, hopefully.

Derek

I’m reading this on my iPad and out of curiosity typed Bari into the Apple Maps app to see where it is.  I was surprised to see that it offers a Flyover view option, not something I’d seen before.  Separately, while I usually avoid all other things Google, and still having to remove their cookies on a daily basis, I occasionally look at possible destinations on Google maps Streetview option.  It gives an appreciation of street level views of unfamiliar locations, which may be useful for driving or sometimes just to help decide whether it’s worth going

Paul

1 hour ago, Misfit said:

Noss Mayo nr Plymouth, ate at the Ship Inn, My food  disappointing, position :D like

IMG_0297.jpeg

IMG_0303.jpeg

IMG_0302.jpeg

Who builds a house with an integral garage that you can only get to at low tide :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, brenda said:

Nice dry day for a run to The Cock@Budworth for the Redrose monthly meeting, followed by a run to Walk Mill.

Mike Redrose Group.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

That’s looking good Mike :D

Had a run on Sunday to my first show of the year at Elvington Air Museum. Great day and entry included to the museum. Lots of aircraft to drool over, but I had to take a photo of this.  Surely designed by Gerry Anderson of Thunderbirds fame.

Ralph

20240414_111037.jpg

20240414_111020.jpg

4 hours ago, Ralph Whitaker said:

Had a run on Sunday to my first show of the year at Elvington Air Museum. Great day and entry included to the museum. Lots of aircraft to drool over, but I had to take a photo of this.  Surely designed by Gerry Anderson of Thunderbirds fame.

Ralph

20240414_111020.jpg

I designed a very similar looking cab when I worked for Cab-Tech in the early 90's.  Our client was Simon-Gloster-Saro (the latter part of the merge were formerly the aircraft manufacturers).  I fell out with the the owner of cab-Tech ..big time., when he insisted on entitling our tender for the contract a 'crash-cab'.   It wasn't. It was a weather cab of tubular steel clad with aluminium.  Although I conceived its quite substantial tubular steel structure to include three continuous loops (roll-over bars) over the cab (which the above design clearly doesn't have in their side windows) - I doubted if the cab would protect its occupants in the event of it being rolled. According to official reports and photographs I had at that time, such an occurrence was not unusual. With 46-tonne behind the cab and some airports, such as Hong Kong, having open (very broad and deep) monsoon drains - I felt their seven-man fire crews had a right to know.

P.  

Edited by Bfg
11 hours ago, Ralph Whitaker said:

Ralph

20240414_111037.jpg

20240414_111020.jpg

I would've loved to have my hands on the spray nozzle of that yesterday with all the Mamals (lycra louts) clogging up the local roads. Went out for a leisurely blat and ended up behind them everywhere I turned, mostly riding 4-6 across completely blocking the lanes anywhere you could risk overtaking them. The only fitting justice per se was they got stuck behind me at a crossing of Thames where's a single lane bridge so they got to breathe in the loverly smell of my car's exhaust.

Edited by Steve-B

Haytor Hotel for breakfast with Devon members, nice to see new faces and old faces not seen for a while Shirley and Brian P plus Jean with Kevin B. Well done Mark and Jo for organising today.

IMG_0325.jpeg

IMG_0323.jpeg

IMG_0321.jpeg