that's new: no content find from the UK TR-Forum searching the web

Hi,

searching the web (via Google) for any TR issues always guided me to a good content at this forum.

This is no longer the case: the results are VERY poor and not visible, if I have no account AND not being locked in.

For TR newbies this a a barrier, and for me searching anythink I know it has been written the search funktion of the forum is very disappointing.

What happened, please?

Ciao, Marco

Google are always changing their hit rankings to maximise revenue from advertisers, Marco.  

It's seem to be working OK for me and I'm not signed in or anything,  if I prefix the search with 'TR register forum ........,."

eg   'TR register forum TR4 axle'  pulls up 8 hits on the first page. 

If you are still having trouble try another search engine - I usually use DuckDuckGo rather than Google anyway. 

Also it seems theres a block on posting links now (or there is for me) theres no link symbol on the top line and if you post a link it comes up as post needs to be approved by moderator WTF?

Stuart.

I’ve just put in “TR register forum hard clutch” and only one result appears relating to the TR6 forum. Previously would have got quite a lot of options ☹️

Tim

Someone has been messing with the site as you cant post links to other useful sites now either :angry:

Stuart.

Hi,

this is new: to read this forum the user has to be registered and locked in.

Mr. Google and other web browsers are definitly neighter registered nor locked in.

This is why the found content is falling, here at my computers at Germany it is already ZERO.

This forum is now a dark net for the internet!

Also possible but senseless: to send somebody a usefull link.

He can't use it if not registered AND locked in.

This is very sad and shure not what the moderator want?

Ciao, Marco

Ah I see - yes we had that sign-in thing before and I think it was fixed after complaints, as Stuart says now we have something else too with links so I expect whoever is fiddling with settings has flipped the wrong 'switches' again. 

You also dont seem to be able to quote others posts without it needing moderation too. I give up Im going for a lay down someone ring when its all back to normal.:angry:

Stuart.

Testing...... here's a link to my blog site and the Malvern IWE talk on "How an SU works"

https://supertrarged.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/final-pdf-how-does-an-su-carburettor-work-iwe-2017.pdf

Can you see it?

Peter

All that useful information, lost to the forum.....................surely not purposefully ?

I cant link to my IWE seminars.

Peter

Your link works for me Peter if I click on it but it doesn't embed in your post, which I guess is what you expected. 

Just asked a pal if he could try accessing the TR Forum on his phone (he's not a member or signed-in to the Register).

Nope.  

All he could view was the TR Register Information threads: Join the TR Register, TR News and Events, and TR Insurance.

None of the TR Chat threads or Cars and Parts info is available.

Edited by Deggers

Hi 

I googled triumph tr6 drive shafts tr register forum  couple days ago, I got no links to tr forum ony Stag forum and Triump experience (US) and a few others

I didn't think too much of it till I Read this !!

Richard

13 hours ago, Peter Cobbold said:

Testing...... here's a link to my blog site and the Malvern IWE talk on "How an SU works"

https://supertrarged.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/final-pdf-how-does-an-su-carburettor-work-iwe-2017.pdf

Can you see it?

Peter

Peter,

Just tried your link, no joy in connecting. I get a message “ this site cannot be reached “.

Graham

I noticed the search problem at least 2 or 3 weeks ago and just assumed it was to do with the new web/forum upgrade. Very frustrating.

Edited by Kevo_6

It seems some of the functionality has now been restored, at least as far as posting links anyway.

Stuart.

repeat of my post on the links thread:

So the links-posting downgrade has been reversed but the problem remains that you still can't see any forums without first registering and logging in. All that is displayed when you try to select forums is a repeat of the main page membership stuff  and a totally useless list of 'status updates'

That is a massive deterrent for attracting new members, since a casual visitor is not able to see what technical help is available.  That needs fixing ASAP. 

It was seeing the forums which attracted me  - and I would suspect many others - to join the register in the first place.   

Edited by RobH

These issues are under investigation.

Duncan found the issue with links and fixed it, now looking at why our forum does not come up on a Google search of any TR techical issue, logged in or not. Bizzare.

Mick