Triumph and MG Spares Stoneliegh

Advanced tickets £12 plus admin fee £1.50. So I thought if I bought four tickets at £48 and paid the admin fee it would be £(49.50).

Not a chance still £1.50  admin per TICKET no matter how many you want.

Unfair????

All done by computer.

When non attendance happens it should not come at a surprise

Regards Harry

3 hours ago, harrytr5 said:

Advanced tickets £12 plus admin fee £1.50. So I thought if I bought four tickets at £48 and paid the admin fee it would be £(49.50).

Not a chance still £1.50  admin per TICKET no matter how many you want.

Unfair????

All done by computer.

When non attendance happens it should not come at a surprise

Regards Harry

We have this when going to the theatre with 10-15 friends.   When the theatre ticket sales agent says it’s £1.50 per ticket we get them to post them individually to those going.  Or put them all in one envelope and send to one address for £1,50    That works if you are talking to a human, but not always.

• 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Phil Read said:

Is there a discount code for this event?

No, just the usual reduced price for buying in advance rather than on the door

…….. Andy

23 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Yes.  But usually a fair walk to the halls/.

Roger

Yeah, don’t forget a backpack or a small folding trolley. If you buy something unplanned that’s weighs 10-15kg you’ll need muscles in your spit carrying it to the car.

Mick Richards

17 hours ago, brenda said:

Just been put on the Redrose page, may help others.

Mike Redrose Group 

IMG_4172.jpeg

It’s absolute chaos, all routes jammed with traffic, Roger has been in a jam/ queue for three quarters of an hour now having left home at 08.00. I remember being in this same situation a few years ago too.

He would return home but has promised a lift home to someone. I’ll keep you updated if I hear any more. He just rang me for a moan……!

Oh dear. I arrived at about 09:50 and there was a queue but it was moving although rather slowly. Hope Roger got away without any bother; I did see the car parked up as I left but missed him in the halls. Also saw ‘Eric’ parked up but did not see Pete either. Did manage to have a quick chat with Conrad though. 

Seemed smaller than previous years (and warmer!). As usual, managed to buy various items I didn’t know I needed including a dash for the 6 in good nick and at a decent price which is going to be a re-veneering project (inspired by Mike’s efforts last year). 

Miles

Hi Miles,

I don;t know how many TR friends I did not bump into but I said Hello to one character but sadly it wasn't him (oops)  definitely a clone.

Bought a few un needed bibs and bobs.

Had a good chat.  Ended up completely knackered.

Glad to be home.

Roger

Well my friend and I must have been lucky we left Ashtead in Surrey at about 08:40 and at about 10:45 we arrived at the road from the A46 to Stoneleigh Park and due to a road closure caused by flooding we were diverted along some back roads and arrived opposite the main entrance, a kind soul let us in the queue on the Stoneleigh Road and we were soon parked. A short walk to the hall entrance, our pre paid tickets let us dodge the ticket queue and we were in the main hall just after 11AM!

Very busy show plenty of bargains especially tools. Pity The TR Shop, TRGB and Revingtons were not there, but despite that we still managed to find the bits we wanted. Very good spares day, seems to work well with MG.

Cheers

Bill

I didn't have too much trouble getting there but had to park about a kilometre away from the entrance. Bought a few goodies and met a good few of the forum members. The walk back to the car seemed to be even longer...

Pete

Hi Roger nice to meet you again after what seems a long time. I now know several new routes around Stoneleigh as a result of the diversions. Some signs would have been helpful but thats life. I bought 2 things on my list and several other bits and bobs that weren't. Not sure why I got the Lucas yellow beam deflectors for continental driving but there we are. Saw a few familiar faces. I reckon I walked miles.

Keith

Great day but a few diversion signs would have helped a lot as my sat nav went into melt down. Followed a  stray MG in the end and got there!

Andy