I have just heard the sad news that Bob Eccles has passed away.   I didn't know Bob all that well even though we sat on the TRR ctte together for a few years but he was always someone you could rely on and his enthusiasm for the marque and the club never faltered.  His time keeping was legendary  or should that be memorable because he once turned up at the wrong place  for a meeting,  and another time he was a day early !    

I'm sure there will be others who can pay a better tribute to the man than me but  I extend my since condolences to his family. 

Hoges. 

I believe he was a Preston man.

Whenever I spoke to him I would keep him updated on what the Preston football team were up to, Sadly it was never anything groundbreaking.

It was his birthday only yesterday

Condolences to his family

RIP  Bob

Roger

This is very sad news indeed.

Bob was the first TR Register person I ever had anything to do with. He arranged for me to meet up with him and a few other Red Rose members and drive down to Malvern together.

He was a lovely bloke and was always very interested and enthusiastic about what was going on with you and your TR.

The amount of work he did for the TR Register and particularly the Red Rose group was unbelievable.

A true gent and he will be sadly missed by all who knew him.

RIP Bob - and thanks

Roger and Julie

Yes Bob was a very kind soul indeed, always very nice to me, a rare member of Red Rose, if everyone could be the same as Bob , the world would be a better place indeed.....

Bob was one of the first TRR’s to make me welcome to the club and the Redrose group and was a significant reason why I ended up joining the Register. 
he worked hard on all our behalf’s as area director and was a stalwart of the Redrose group. Arranging runs out and coordinating tickets for the clubs tickets for the oulton gold cup weekends etc.

a sad loss and will be missed  

RIP Bob.

Sad news indeed.

Others knew him a lot better than me, but when I met him,he was always cheerful and enthusiastic about the cars and the club, (even though he usually arrived in his alfa.)
RIP Bob

A lovely man and a great ambassador  for the club and the Red Rose Group. will be much missed.

Very sad news , Bob was a larger then life character full of energy always in the front of planning and organising, I remember Bob turning up at the Antrobus Arms Red Rose meeting for the first time  in his white TR6 that he had just bought . He was made up with his purchase,  He went on to became group leader then North West co-ordinator for many years.

Rest in peace Bob,  Hazel and Gordon.

Edited by Gordon Bayley
spelling

A sad day indeed, he was a true gentleman. 

Dave Burgess has been in touch with Bob's son-in-law and expressed condolences and support from the whole club. The funeral will be held on Tuesday 8th August at 11.00. Venue to be confirmed. Will let you know details asap.

Mick

Bob was a good friend of mine and I miss him. We went on several holidys together with a few other friends abroad and in this country. Always had a good time and if anyone had a problem he was always there to lend his extensive knowledge. Red rose group will miss him dearly, as I am sure his many friends at the TRR will also.

RIP old friend.

Paul

Very sad news indeed, He always made a point of chatting to me every time we met at Internationals over the years and he always had a soft spot for my Spaniel Albert. He will be greatly missed. Sincere condolences to his family.

Stuart.

He was one of my first Facebook friend, I only wished him a happy Birthday there 2 days ago. I first worked with Bob on the Articles and again as a member of the board of Directors.  Always sound always friendly, always helpful and a special, dedicated TR enthusiast. 

I’m really sad. I’ll miss seeing him at event’s turning up in his TR6.

Condolences to his family.

Derek Hurford 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Here are the details for Bob Eccles funeral on the 8th of August

The service will be held at 11:am at Southport Crematorium.

159 Southport Road

Scarisbrick

Southport

PR8 5JQ

For those attending TR’S and wanting to join the funeral cortège we will be meeting at the B&Q carpark at 10:20am.

Meols Cop Rd

Southport

PR8 6JU

The hearse will be arriving at the house of Bob’s granddaughter at 10:30

We will then be joining the cortège on route, as the crematorium is only a short drive away and parking at the house is limited.

After the service there will be a wake at The Richmond pub close to the Crematorium

234 Scarisbrick New Road

Southport

PR8 5HL

The family are hoping that as many of Bob’s TR family as possible can join them at the wake to celebrate Bob’s life but they do appreciate that some of us will have long journeys home or prior commitments

There is no need to wear black just wear whatever you feel comfortable in or that you can get in and out of a TR in!

We understand that the family are organising a way to make a voluntary donation to their chosen charity which will be confirmed on the day

Being part of The TR Register and Red Rose group was a very important part of Bobs life so although Tuesday will be a very sad day as we say our final goodbye to a much loved and respected friend it will also be a day to remember Bob and share some stories and memories 

With each other and with his family. I am sure we all have plenty!

Kind Regards

Caroline and Jonathan

I was really hoping I could attend and pay my respects to the family in person as well as the card sent. But that day is one day I can’t escape work. 
damn it. 
Bob really welcomed me to the club and the group. A very sad time.