Pink Floyd -Animals

Just listening  to the  new remix release of Pink Floyd’s 1977 opus “Animals “ . 
I followed this with a 1977 tour bootleg lp “Animals in Berlin 77”. 
Enjoyable  afternoon !!

Any other Floyd fans out there ??

Hi Crawfie,

a long time ago I saw them at Brunel Uni in Uxbridge and they were awful.  Sid was not on song.

I then ent to Earls Court on the 90's and they were beyond great - truly wonderful.

In between there music came and went.

For a number of years now I try to get to the TRibute sessions.

One band that comes to Hayes annually, and is spot on, is the Pink Floyd Experience.  Very very good

Roger

Never saw the real thing, but have see Austrailian Pink Floyd a number of times, excellent. Have all the PF albums, I think Division bell may be my favorite, Or DSOTM.

Bob

Edited by Lebro

Always a fan…..it was compulsory for us at School, our music teacher never let us forget where they started; Cambridgeshire  High School for Boys. Barrett, Waters and very early on Klose we’re all alumni.

For me , I’m very much a Gilmour , Waters , Mason & Wright fan . 
Never saw them live   But I have seen Aussie Floyd and Nick Mason’s new band . Had a chance to go and see The Wall at Earls Court , but I was in the middle of college exams . Big regret !!

Roger Waters us touring soon.  But the Price of the tickets !!!!

2 minutes ago, Crawfie said:

I’m guessing late 60s, possibly pre DSOM ?

Ill get  it out if you next time I see you !!

Nope came out of Delicate sound of thunder, tour went on for four years but I only did some of the 1991 year shows

Stuart.

My favourite band of all time (and my son's also). First album I ever bought was Wish You Were Here. Best ever track Comfortably Numb. I never saw them perform as a band but have seen Roger Waters several times, most recently Us + Them in 2018, absolutely profound.

Nigel

Used to meet Nick mason regularly in VSCC paddocks when accompanying my dad who was racing in the 1970’s and 80’s
he was a great bloke who was very generous with his time. 
one day he asked me to help him start one of his cars ie towing a Ferrari round the paddock. 
later in the day he was with a mate who asked me if I was phased by Nick and I said no why and he had to explain who he was - music wise- I knew pink floyd but not that this was THE Nick mason. 
Nick laughed and said I knew why I liked you !!!

Apparently he liked the separation of famous work persona and hobby car nut.

Saw them at Earls Court in 1973 iirc, Dark Side tour,  then again at Earls Court about 20 years later for the Division Bell tour.

I've also seen Brit Floyd and next month will see Ozzie Floyd in Leicester. 

Nigel

Animals - I seem to recall Capital Radio playing the whole album when it came out. You wouldn't get that these days!

Particularly love the intro to "Sheep" - the jazz-influenced Rick Wright keyboard, brilliant! I always thought Rick was the cornerstone of the Pink Floyd sound - his keyboards and vocal harmonies.

Saw Pink Floyd in Wembley circa late 80's - can't remember the tour, but fabulous experience.

Cheers, Richard

I also saw them at Knebworth in 1975 but I can't remember very much about itother than there was an aeroplane doing flypasts.

Rgds Ian

PS Saw the Stones there the following year and I can't remember much about that either!

I first saw them in 1969 in Leeds Town Hall and then a year later in the refectory at Leeds University, which was a great venue for bands in the late 1960s and early 70s. Then again in 1972 at Newcastle City Hall and then in 1974 at the Odeon in Newcastle whilst at university there.

FWIW First time I saw them was in Hyde park in 1969 part of a series of free concerts which include the Rolling Stones

Stuart.