Hi Folks,

it has changed slightly recently and change significantly a couple of years ago.

It is awkward to some extent but is usable.

I did a trial - TR4A windscreen wiper.

Moss took about one minute and had to look into two or three categories before hitting it.

Rimmer - couldn;t find it by looking at the icons. I then use the search and got everything other than a TR blade even though I was in the TR screen.

Revington - For the original ST parts they have a long list. By reading every line I found the item, then the picture and then the info - took about a minute.

They are all a bit of a mystery.

The problem with Moss is that their catalogue is so good that everything in comparison is poor.

Roger

There are one or two minor issues but on the whole I don't have a problem....maybe just me then, I find it easy to use!

Much more user friendly than the offerings from Mr Boeing.

Try the website for Moss Motors (USA) if you're simply looking for the assembly / schematic diagrams. It's more like the old Moss Europe website. Many of the parts themselves are the same -- and many from the home office in the US come from Moss Europe, in fact, but they're different companies.

Roger, your task to look up the TR4A windscreen wiper took about 5-10 seconds on the Moss Motors site.

http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=29172

The rule on my old company web site was every one has to be able to find anything in no more than 3 clicks. It means the designers have to think like users and not just impress their geeky mates with their coding. None of the above do this for me

Mike

Edited by MikeF

The website now doesn't show anything for TR7 although they have loads of bits in stock! I never use the website now just phone up the very helpful staff at Bristol.

I too have given up with it - how were they convinced it was an improvement?

Gearbox rebuild kits are not shown any more, but if you get the part number from an old paper book, it will recognise it in the new system search facility. TGK112

There seem to be lots of parts that are not shown anymore, but are current.

John

Comparing what is on offer on other supplier web sites I don't find the Moss site that bad although I must admit I still prefer to use the brochure to obtain the part number then use the site for purchase.

No pun intended but it seems to have become a triumph of style over substance. The problem seems to be with the search function. I recently wanted a selection of stainless steel hose clips in different sizes to add to an existing larger order. Searching the website only disclosed half the sizes wanted Using the brochure and the searching the site as 'river star' described, revealed the missing ones. Something not quite right then.

Miles

Perhaps they became fed up inputting data? Very much a "if it ain't broke don't fix it"