Interesting Jacking System............

Looked at them about 18 months ago, from memory situated in Texas or thereabouts and didn't respond to request of "how much".

Mick Richards

Neat,if you don't need the wheels off,if you do it's a lot of jacking and you still need conventional stands. I have some hd tubing I might use the idea in a modified way.

My security system would not allow me to open the link.

I will never know what these jacks are like. But that is better than getting my laptop infected.

Anyone else had a problem.

Richard

Edited by Richardtr3a

Dont see any issues with the web site security but since these gadgets dont get the car any higher than my heavy duty axle stands I dont quite get the point of spending an additional several hundred dollars for something else that I will have to store.

Stan

Just a matter of scale and overall applied load.

Mick Richards

...since these gadgets dont get the car any higher than my heavy duty axle stands I dont quite get the point of spending an additional several hundred dollars for something else that I will have to store...

I'm with ya on that, Stan. I have a set of Harbor Freight aluminum jackstands that are easy to place under the four corners of the frame, giving me plenty of access to the underside and the wheels. My car spends any significant down time like this.

My grandfather, whom I never met, worked rigging equipment for many years (see the attached photo of one of his jobs in the early 1940s), and taught my dad the value of cribbing. My father passed that on to me -- we were almost always raising something around the house with cribbing. A number of people have built bolted-together cribbing from lumber to hold raised wheels -- these wheel stands seem sorta like a fancier way of doing the same thing.

i-cgcWf5J-L.jpg

this is a lot easyer.

Marcel

I was going to get a variation on this theme last year, then realised they dont work if you only have a single garage !

• 6 months later...

The system that Andrew posted is not a bad idea IMO because there are no axle stands you're having to work around or re-position.

Dave