TR5 at Auction

Looks like its had a recent cheap blow over given the overspray to the chassis which wouldn't fill me with confidence.

Chassis has been heavily patched on trailing arms and T shirt non standard.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart
2 hours ago, Phil Read said:

what are the rivets above the windscreen for?

Thats what I wondered about, perhaps it had a sunshade in an earlier life ;):lol:

Stuart.

1 hour ago, Phil Read said:

Rear light lenses look like TR4A

Yes they are, small point but no repro TR5 lenses are around anymore (They were being made in Australia)

Stuart.

29 minutes ago, Dave McDonald said:

Hi Stuart, 

See eBay item 224059465568 for lens L799. 
I’m not clever enough to lift the link and post it here on my phone. 
Dave McD

Thanks for that Dave, expensive but correct unlike the previously mentioned Australian made ones that were a bit rough edged where they had come off the pressing stalks.

Stuart.

The best TR IMHO

The best body married to the best engine

I want one

On 10/11/2023 at 2:50 PM, Neilson said:

Hi all, what do we think of this car, worth a punt…

https://www.tradeclassics.com/auctions/triumph/1968-triumph-tr5-6/

Nice TR5 for sale at TRGB, dark blue your colour. Commission sale so probably some movement and a nice company to do business with !

1 hour ago, TR Rob said:

Nice TR5 for sale at TRGB, dark blue your colour. Commission sale so probably some movement and a nice company to do business with !

Hi Rob, I spoke to Steve yesterday about this one. The seller won’t drop enough to make it viable for me to purchase unfortunately, otherwise it could be perfect! 
Thanks for the heads up though! 
Neil

Hi Neil,

I have enjoyed following your threads on the TR250 and TR5. I bought my TR5 in August 2019 after looking for about two years. Along the way I saw some poor cars and some good examples and had one professionally inspected after which I decided not to go ahead. In the end my car appeared on Car and Classic along with another one and had a mad Saturday driving around the country looking at them. Pleasingly, the vendor of my car held it for me while I had it professionally inspected and he accepted a £1000 drop in the price due to a fractured door check strap bracket that had to be replaced. Whilst I have had to do further work on the car it has been great and have really enjoyed owning it. There are signs that the price of TR5s (and I guess also TR250s) has currently dropped so my advice to you is to keep looking and I'm sure that the right car will appear eventually.

Denis

8 hours ago, DenisMc said:

Hi Neil,

I have enjoyed following your threads on the TR250 and TR5. I bought my TR5 in August 2019 after looking for about two years. Along the way I saw some poor cars and some good examples and had one professionally inspected after which I decided not to go ahead. In the end my car appeared on Car and Classic along with another one and had a mad Saturday driving around the country looking at them. Pleasingly, the vendor of my car held it for me while I had it professionally inspected and he accepted a £1000 drop in the price due to a fractured door check strap bracket that had to be replaced. Whilst I have had to do further work on the car it has been great and have really enjoyed owning it. There are signs that the price of TR5s (and I guess also TR250s) has currently dropped so my advice to you is to keep looking and I'm sure that the right car will appear eventually.

Denis

Hi Denis,

Thank you! 

My initial story started on the 4/4A section, where I nearly purchased a TR4A, and a TR4, which had a full restoration but they forgot to put the strengthening brackets on the floor and sills connecting to the chassis. If it wasn’t for the guys on here, I’d be seriously out of pocket!
I’m learning a lot about the cars though - haha! This should help me with my decision when I finally find the right one.

Watch this space…

Neil

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the Jasmine 5 sold today at Iconic auctions.

Thanks,

Tim

Tim

There are six fives that have been offered at auction on this link, four got sold, scroll down once on the page to see the cars.

https://www.iconicauctioneers.com/advsearch?keywords=triumph tr5&search_category=CAR&view=results

Edited by MikeThomas

Thanks Mike. Makes interesting reading!
Tim