International meetings

I only went on the Saturday.  I thoroughly enjoyed the Forum meet up but agree the rest was a bit underwhelming.  It wasn't helped by the weather not being very good and the arena activity wasn't a patch on previous efforts at Malvern for example.

Enjoyed the Concours competition, some of the cars were absolutely stunning.  Be nice to know which ones picked up the prizes - I guess it's on the website somewhere, I'll have a look in a minute.

Rgds Ian

Bloody long way for me and the scottish lads but glad i went and the car behaved

always good to catch up with people and a good rummage amongst the spares

then drool over the concours cars

prefer Malvern and a end of June / july date but still the event to attend

david

The Road to the showground was a Dirt Track with Large POT HOLES

Again ONLY one Truck Selling TEA & COFFEE:  

On Sunday some of The Concours competition Cars were gone by 11 am very disappointed was looking forward to seeing them why were they aloud to leave so early.

Well I would not have missed it, sure the number of traders was down, The arena would have ruined (grass) if the normal autosolos had taken place.

Met lots of old (as in previous) TR friends, can't do much about the weather, but it could have been a lot worse (& has been in the past !)

Bob

I enjoyed it, the MCC trial was great to participate in, and I’m told fun to watch. Meeting up with old faces, really old faces and some new ones.

Saw some lovely cars in and out of the hall including some none standard, one a BMW diesel TR6, although not a conversion I’d personally do.

Camping with our group, sitting out with them on Friday evening and BBQing Saturday. Chatted to Pete Barrett and team on the TR Register Insurance stand.  Popped into the Beer tent, tried a hotdog with crispy onions and I joined the forum members. I collected pre ordered parts, oh yes listened briefly to Wayne dulcet tones before packing up and making our way home.

No it wasn’t Malvern but I enjoyed it somewhere between there and an open field Paul H referred to enjoying in the good old days, no I’d say a nice weekend. Thanks to those that organised it and volunteered to help out.

Have to say totally agree with Misfit and Lebro above, it was not ideal but having travelled down from SW Scotland I thoroughly enjoyed it, overall good fun. My thanks also goes to the organisers and volunteers. Looking forward to Malvern already.

Alan G

A bit of a curate’s egg for me; some good parts, some less so. As noted, the formal aspects were more limited than previous events but that may have been dictated by the available facilities.

There is an element of attendees making the most of the event. Chatting to owners from all over the country and beyond who one has never met before and discussing their cars and experiences (special thanks to Graeme from the London Group for sharing information on his 6) is a big plus for me. 

I managed to volunteer for the first time, working on the gate Saturday morning with Rod and Waldi. I really enjoyed myself and the early morning banter with visitors; hope I didn’t irritate too many people!

Overall, I would much rather have been present than not. And we’ll done to management for having sorted next year at Malvern and with other Classic marques. Already in the diary!

Miles

44 minutes ago, cp25616 said:

Have to say totally agree with Misfit and Lebro above, it was not ideal but having travelled down from SW Scotland I thoroughly enjoyed it, overall good fun. My thanks also goes to the organisers and volunteers. Looking forward to Malvern already.

Alan G

+1 Our MT will never please everybody, but I for one thought it really worthwhile, and there was something of  a buzz about the event, perhaps after last year, I don't know, 

Traders down, for me Autojumblers, a part I love, up?

Overall, I think the MT deserve a 'Pat on the Back' as well as a Big Thank You, for some colossal shifts some of them put in.

John.

I thought the venue was as good as Malvern, lots of space, nice toilets / showers, (& you could actually get the tent pegs into the ground !) Just a few attractions missing, or depleted - traders, food outlets, & seminars.

Bob

59 minutes ago, Misfit said:

Early enough to save the date now’s the time to inform the traders. 

A7D705F4-8047-4EA3-B665-09C4DA03EF25.png

Let’s hope the TSSC and MGs don’t scupper 2024 at Malvern as happened at Stafford in 2022. Fingers crossed.

4 minutes ago, SuzanneH said:

Let’s hope the TSSC and MGs don’t scupper 2024 at Malvern as happened at Stafford in 2022. Fingers crossed.

Can we expect an undertaking from the Management Team that the TRR will go it alone even if the others do pull out at the last minute ? 

Excellent!  Been advocating joint meets with the Tribe of Triumph for years!

But before my involvement with the 2021 Malvern show was aborted, I found that several other Triumph clubs, Pre-War and 2000/2500, hadn't been invited or even knew about it!     I hope that as many other Triumph clubs will have the courtesy of an invitation for 2024!

I might even come along!    Perhaps a disguise would be a good idea?

Gorilla in disgusie.jpg

I enjoyed it despite getting a bollocking from Mr Morrison ;):lol: Good to see friends that missed last year due to the cock up. Also managed to get rid of stuff Ive had hanging about for years too. I also was surprised the concours cars disappeared so quick. Obviously it was going to be a scaled down event as Im sure management were worried about the inability of it to break even but it was overall a great weekend. well done to everyone who volunteered.

Stuart.

2 hours ago, SuzanneH said:

Just to remind you that as stated previously it was a joint decision by the three clubs to cancel Stafford based upon the costs vs. ticket sales.

Mick

As one of the Clyde Valley crew, I enjoyed the show although I think our unanimous feeling was that Shepton was a bit too far for us, the drive back in torrential rain and the dark was not pleasant. However I thoroughly enjoyed the Forum meet and the opportunity to put faces to the many individuals who had provided invaluable technical help with the 4a rebuild, it was great to meet you all. Looking forward to Malvern (a more reasonable distance)

Best Regards

David

2 hours ago, Mick Forey said:

Just to remind you that as stated previously it was a joint decision by the three clubs to cancel Stafford based upon the costs vs. ticket sales.

Mick

As this has been posted here and not in the Alex inn post, I’ll ask, Mick is that the official line that we can rely on as correct and final.  On that basis, I believe what was being asked or referred to above,  can we assume that it ticket sales are down the same could occur again, or are we beyond that and a large number of members enjoyment would take preference. 

Edited by Misfit
1 hour ago, Misfit said:

Mick is that the official line that we can rely on as correct and final

That was the reality, so I guess it is official. As to what happens next year, I don't know what is going to happen next week, let alone next year - global pandemic or something else? All I can say is that we are constantly learning as the world evolves. We are planning to succeed with the best International for decades with lots of different British Car Clubs involved. If anybody wants to join the organising team then give a shout out to Phil or Lesley.

Mick

It appears while posting elsewhere you have replied here which I hadn’t seen. Thank you for that, I asked because there were clearly incorrect suggestions that perhaps it was the other club that determined that outcome.

I appreciate that we don’t have a crystal ball, who knows Putin my decide to strike, the Chinese or another country might release a deadly virus on the world.

But that wasn’t the question Mick, the Register clearly have already made plans for the 2024 and within those plans will have a reasonable knowledge of the costs I guess. The question that was asked, was if sales were down would you cancel. Perhaps I could put it another way, with the current planned 2024 event recently posted for June 2024, would the TR Register be able to cover the cost without cancelling the event should others decide not to proceed.

I’d like to believe you know, I have and will always support the management team and the TR register.  So Yes I would be more than happy to offer my services by being fully involved in  the organisation of the up and coming 2024 event, should you require my assistance. 

Regards Derek

Edited by Misfit