Radically Modified TR,s such as EFI, engine swaps etc IWE Shepton Mallet

Graham Andrews as asked  me to run this new advent of radically altered TR,s with Dan Smith.

So the criteria will be

TR2-TR6   EFI , engine swaps of another make, induction other than Webbers as too common

TR7 Engine swaps (other than  Rover V8s) such as Mazda or any other maker.No Rover v8, as too many of these fine cars around.

At the mo we have confirmed

EFI  TR5  X 2

EFI  TR6  X 6

TR6 BMW Diesel

EFI  TR4 X 1

Stag engine TR6  (maybe)

V8 TR4      (maybe)

Any TR2/3/4/5/6/ V8 powered 

Any  TR2/3/4/5/6 supercharged

I know there is a few out there with outrageous power plants in your TR2-7  so please confirm in advance and we will slot you in to the show hall. So we will know the numbers before hand as there is a limit to how many we can show. Sign on with Graham Andrews Saturday morning (early) and we will direct you to your spot.

A new shield has been  made and new prizes to be won

Regards Harry

Edited by harrytr5
extra content
50 minutes ago, harrytr5 said:

Graham Andrews as asked  me to run this new advent of radically altered TR,s with Dan Smith.

So the criteria will be

TR2-TR6   EFI , engine swaps of another make, induction other than Webbers as too common

TR7 Engine swaps (other than  Rover V8s) such as Mazda or any other maker.No Rover v8, as too many of these fine cars around.

EFI  TR5  X 2

EFI  TR6  X 4

TR6 BMW Diesel

EFI  TR4 X 1

I know there is a few out there with outrageous power plants in your TR2-7  so please confirm in advance and we will slot you in to the show hall. So we will know the numbers before hand as there is a limit to how many we can show. Sign on with Graham Andrews Saturday morning (early) and we will direct you to your spot.

Regards Harry

Looking forward to seeing those.

13 hours ago, harrytr5 said:

So the criteria will be

EFI  TR5  X 2

EFI  TR6  X 5

TR6 BMW Diesel

EFI  TR4 X 1

Stag engine TR6  (maybe)

V8 TR4      (maybe)

Regards Harry

How do you enter is there an entry form ???

Sadly this sounds like it  is “run wot you brung.  “
Does Saw it once count?    

It which case. The TR7 with the Rover 820si twin cam injected engine that was brought to IWE some years ago.  You could balance a threepennybit on the cam cover at tickover and it gave back 130bhp.  That engine was destined for MG D driving the Rover+5 speed as fitted in TR7. The same 1998cc 4cyl Dohc 16 valve unit was assembled in the Discovery and aimed at the Italian market.  A 2 litre petrol, gut less when off road, having little bottom end torque, it came on song at over 3 000 rpm.

ps. And John H’s TR4 with V8

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Sounds like a great idea, be of more interest to me than the concours.

Good to see this intiative. The first outing for my DIY supercharged 6 was at IWE Shepton Mallet in the '90s.  Sadly age has restricted my physical abilities so I cannot attend.

There is a Eaton-supercharged TR7 in the south-west.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Is this competition only open to TRs? I have a Swallow Doretti with a Daimler V8 sitting outside.

Cheers

Richard

The 1000 mile round trip to Shepton Mallet is a bit daunting especially with traffic jams and smart motorways to contend with.

Cheers

Richard

7 hours ago, Dic Doretti said:

The 1000 mile round trip to Shepton Mallet is a bit daunting especially with traffic jams and smart motorways to contend with.

Cheers

Richard

Cheer up Richard, no where's far in a TR, ...Ooops. But it may be in other cars lol.

Mick Richards

Edited by Motorsport Mickey
Spelling
On 7/16/2023 at 10:10 AM, Dic Doretti said:

Cheers

Richard

You should be fine.  I often do 2000 miles in 48hrs in my TR6, or a 10 countries car run over 4 days and 2500 miles.

Perhaps break the journey up ?

Cheers.

I was on the TR Register committee with Dave "Lightning" Brown who came up with the phrase "nowhere is far in a TR" and it was true back then but we are a lot older now. The cars was still do the miles, the owners not so much. I recently went to the Le Mans centenary in an old car, our combined age was 143 years and even with several overnight stops it was hard going. Having the International in a more central location would help.

Cheers

Richard

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/14/2023 at 10:30 AM, TRTOM2498PI said:

That's a blast from the past. I am sure the Green car here used to enter & possibly win the wooden spoon award.  I have a picture of this car at Shepton Mallet, July 1996.

Yes Rivet did it, but I don't know the year. 

DSC01264.jpg

Edited by Chris59