Good Spares Day ?? !!

Hope spares day went well for everyone. 

sorry I missed it / you all. 
I had a successful weekend fixing tripped out garage elecs and a leaking loo for my mum in Devon. 

It was a cracking day Hamish, met loads of old friends & bought a load of stuff I didn't know I needed. 

I was glad that I had arrived at 09:30 because the organisation of parking on site was shambolic, leading to ever increasing queues on the main road - very few marshals (I saw just 2).

Bill Piggott told me that in the early afternoon it took him 45 minutes to get from Stoneleigh village onto the site.

I enjoyed the day and achieved almost everything on my Do List.

Ian Cornish

A great day, no parking issues, arrived nice & early and was first car parked in dedicated Triumph & MG parking area. Bought more than I expected, including a nice Mk1 PI Formula steering wheel, I had already bought a boss for one so took the opportunity, I will be converting my Mk1 2000 Estate to PI at some point.

Great day out worth the trip.

No issues parking when we arrived at around 9am. Put some new names to faces and met some new folk. Nice to see the club stand well populated and picked up a few parts I needed and a few extras well you always need a few extras! Questions later.

Nice one and thanks to all the traders who turned up.

Andy 

Yes indeed an excellent day, arrived on Saturday so zero parking issues. Great show, plenty to buy (which I did) and also a super social event too. 

Alan G

I agree with Ian car park marshalling was shambolic couldn`t organise a p*** up in a brewery. The dedicated MG & Triumph parking was totally inadequate , cars crammed in so anyone in the middle could not get out. Hopefully next year we will be able to use the cow sheds as normal otherwise a good event.

Cheers Chris

12 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

We had ten down from CG

arrrived 9 ish no problem parking acheived over 90% of aims and had cracking social evening with 14 for dinner last night 

Think the traders not there were the losers 

John

+1

2 hours ago, saffrontr said:

Great spares day, in fact as good as any I've been to, no problems with parking, plenty to see and buy and great social event.

Derek 

Yes a great day. Arrived 9/15 am so no problems. I think the largest crowds ever.

I wish that they would seperate the MG and Triumph stalls

Great to meet up with lots of fellow TR nutters

14 minutes ago, roy53 said:

I wish that they would seperate the MG and Triumph stalls

A problem with that would be where to put the sellers who have both Triumph and MG, as well as those who have neither (tools, paints, etc).

Pete

Good to see that it was well attended,  I set up , starting on Saturday lunchtime,  had some good banter and bartering with anyone and everyone!  Got to the onsite Hotel in time to watch Scotland trounce Wales and had a nice meal and beers with friends . 

Sunday was hectic and busy most of the day, Thankyou to all who came and said hello and bought from me,  it's really appreciated. 

Just finished unloading this morning , time to get back to normal. Here's to the next Event !

Conrad.