Foolproof One Man Brake Bleeding

Hi Folks,

is there a a foolproof one man brake bleeder.

At present I have to rely on ''er indoors' as dear Arthur would say.

Not always convenient.

So is there a method/kit system that allows the brakes to be bled by one person.

There used to be some spring loaded bleed nipples that sort of worked well but haven't seen them for ages.

My present kit with the split hose doesn't do what is says on the tin.

Any other great ideas.

Roger

Roger,

two pieces of tube and an bicycle-ventiel (one way valve) between. easy to make and works perfect for me.

http://www.motor-forum.nl/forum/list_messages/235640

https://www.bmwboxerclub.nl/v2/index.php/technische-artikelen/remontluchter

sorry it is in dutch but i think you can manage that.

Marcel

Edited by Quicksilver

I have had a Gunsuns easybleed for years, some times (not very often) it works well, but keeping all the lid seals (your master resovoir, & the lid on the easybleed bottle) actually sealed is the problem, when it goes wrong there is usually a lot of brake fluid where you don't want it.

These days I use a simple rubber tube with a split near the end & the end plugged, this forms a one way valve, dip this into a jam jar which already has some fluid in it, open the nipple & slowly pump. as long as the split is under the surface of the fluid it cannot let any air back in.

After a few pumps, get out, tighten nipple & move on. NOT FORGETTING TO KEEP RESOVOIR TOPPED UP !!!

Works for me

Bob.

Hi Folks,

I like the speedi-bleed valves.

The split tube does not appear very secure as a one man kit. That is what I use with my apprentice.

The Gunson kit looks as though it may work but have heard some issues with it.

The hunt goes on - but many thanks for the replies so far.

Roger

Hi Folks,

I like the speedi-bleed valves.

The split tube does not appear very secure as a one man kit. That is what I use with my apprentice.

The Gunson kit looks as though it may work but have heard some issues with it.

The hunt goes on - but many thanks for the replies so far.

Roger

Roger

There is no issues make sure you use a std spare Triumph cap

Hi Folks,

looking at the various speedinipple things they want to know the thread size - so what is the thread size of the TR4A bleed nipple

http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/bleed-nipple-3h2428.html?assoc=113809

Roger

Demon Tweeks sell those Speedy Bleeders but a tad Expensive for 4. Edited by TR NIALL

I have one of those and it does work ok.

It's basically a valve in a tube, fluid passes under pressure but doesn't suck back.

Have used it on cars and bikes , motor and pedal!, to good effect.

Technique seems to be to open the bleed nipple the minimum amount necessary, then smoothly pump the pedal.

HTH

Steve

Problem with any of the "non-return valve in a jar of fluid" thinks is that you can't see what's happening when you're in the car rather than under it. I agree that with the Eeeezibleeeed you need to make certain that the cap is secure, but that's only once given me a problem (and that was on an MGB, so not the only problem!), and it is much easier to use when flushing the system or replacing the fluid.

Pete

I have one of the Gunson kits and it generally worked well but ..... on one occasion the seal blew out on the top of the master cylinder and sprayed brake fluid across the engine bay. I haven't used it since and nowadays stick to the non return valves on each cylinder and a piece of wood shaped and cut to length to allow me to wedge & hold the brake pedal down while I nip round an tighten the relevant nipple

Rgds Ian

Roger

I have used a vacuum brake bleed setup for a few years now. Easy efficient and no mess in the engine bay. They are also much cheaper now than when I first bought.

Connect to a compressor and suck straight from the bleed nipple.

Also used ezebleed in the past but tend to leak from the lid.

No contest.

Steve

Ezey bleed worked on my brakes and fixed the clutch system where all else failed, as mentioned if not using silicone fluid then cover all near paintwork just in case. One point the standard kit has no adaptor for the large 4a brake reservoir so you need to buy one or modify an old cap

Chris