CVTR will be doing a workshop tour, fabrication and refinishing, at Jones' in Bidford, sampling their "Pit Stop" cafe https://www.facebook.com/p/Jones-services-100063559899872/

Ian

Won't be joining the rest of GWTR at Brooklands but will be going along to one of the local multi-marque runs from the Trundle above Goodwood to a pub for lunch, although we will forego lunch as we have another event this afternoon to get back for. Happy Driving it today everyone

25 CVTR members had a great morning at Jones' repair centre and cafe

jones.thumb.png.6fe351d8e8ad236cf2070cdf7459222c.png

We went to Fingest, Oxon/Bucks borders to a pub where Midsomers Murders were filmed.

IMG_2515.thumb.jpeg.878e1cbe7035bb54fc43f86466ce558b.jpeg

IMG_2516.jpeg

Hi Steve,

Sue and myself go there quite a lot but we haven't put a plaque on the wall yet.  We'll be there on Tuesday.

Have you tried down the road in Turvil at the Bull & Butcher   LoveJoy,  more recent ones

The Cobstone Windmill is privately owned but was used in the television series Jonathan Creek. The picturesque church is the Vicar of Dibley's, with her house next door. The house was also in the film Goodnight, Mister Tom. The Bull & Butcher pub appeared as The Chalk & Gun in Midsomer Murders.

The widmill was also in Chitty chitty bang bang and previously owned by Hayley Mills.

Did you see the BlueBells beyond Turvil

Roger

Tr Redrose a very nice day driving the back roads of wales and Ford with not a lot of water in it thankfully. We had a few stops on route to Cae Dai Museum ( which is well worth a visit for us oldies) we then stopped a  pub for an evening meal.

Mike Redrose Group 

IMG_0579_Original.jpeg

IMG_0602_Original.jpeg

IMG_0619_Original.jpeg

IMG_0623_Original.jpeg

IMG_0620_Original.jpeg

1 hour ago, RogerH said:

Hi Steve,

Sue and myself go there quite a lot but we haven't put a plaque on the wall yet.  We'll be there on Tuesday.

Have you tried down the road in Turvil at the Bull & Butcher   LoveJoy,  more recent ones

The Cobstone Windmill is privately owned but was used in the television series Jonathan Creek. The picturesque church is the Vicar of Dibley's, with her house next door. The house was also in the film Goodnight, Mister Tom. The Bull & Butcher pub appeared as The Chalk & Gun in Midsomer Murders.

The widmill was also in Chitty chitty bang bang and previously owned by Hayley Mills.

Did you see the BlueBells beyond Turvil

Roger

Hey Roger, not sure where you’re based (we’re in Marlow area)but have to say the Bull & Butcher is far better value and quieter than The Chequers which is why we love the B&B. Avoid The Frog at Skirmitt which is way overrated with rude landlords. 

We continued onwards to Ashendon & Pisnnor and there forests full of bluebells everywhere. But beware the single track lanes which are full of debris on the centre of the road !

IMG_2517.jpeg

IMG_2519.jpeg

Edited by Steve-B

Hi Steve,

we are at Hayes.  We head West for beer and food most weeks.

The Chequers changed hands about two years ago.   Previously it was very good, we shall find out what is going on this coming Tuesday.

Roger

Nice area mate! Good luck Tuesday, after having been seated next to a very noisy/shouty table of 15+ today we’ll keep driving past Chequers from today onwards. You should try the Seven Bells at Marsh Crendon. Fabulous location & very much car loving owners. 

Edited by Steve-B

The NLG joined forces with Lea Valley and drove cross country to Long Melford, Suffolk and the National Trust property, Melford Hall. 170 mile round trip for most of the NLG. Lots of other classics on the road (but we couldn't match Sue's count :lol:)

Please wait while image is uploading...

Melford Hall (1).jpg

20240421_120746.jpg

20240421_121406.jpg

20240421_142740.jpg

A few pictures of the Brooklands meet, courtesy of various group members:

651efc58-9d4f-4abf-94d3-d04639e9294c.thumb.jpg.779398b532987ad7e10e37c0dd821d91.jpg

4fb9c07d-33c3-465d-ab5b-d811018805c2.thumb.jpg.4a65a4d838b83ef88cdeaec111925fe4.jpg

6664d727-5ab5-4b66-8590-c02b3a7ab5b9.thumb.jpg.f3299b1257528a7f876eec3f59480d70.jpg

157cbd6a-f3cd-497b-a100-d4b14006ac13.thumb.jpg.827435a3ee7c3a781e12fa24a95c0246.jpg

7f43102f-73cf-4233-a442-7f0d73f708bd.thumb.jpg.693ab2fa4e1f58f4fbc5254465746381.jpg

Click on to enlarge

Bob

38 minutes ago, North London Mike said:

The NLG joined forces with Lea Valley and drove cross country to Long Melford, Suffolk and the National Trust property, Melford Hall. 170 mile round trip for most of the NLG. Lots of other classics on the road (but we couldn't match Sue's count :lol:)

Please wait while image is uploading...

Melford Hall (1).jpg

20240421_120746.jpg

20240421_121406.jpg

20240421_142740.jpg

Mike was that you and NLG and Lea Valley that we passed at McDs just off the A505 near Therefield..?

My 'Drive It Day' drive was all of 10-yards out of the garage, the first run of my fully rebuilt engine. Just need to bed everything in prior to thrashing it up the Doune Historic Hillclimb, which is also the venue for the TR Register Scotland Weekend, in four weeks time.

Cliff

P1010695.JPG

P1010697.JPG

2 hours ago, Ecosse said:

My 'Drive It Day' drive was all of 10-yards out of the garage, the first run of my fully rebuilt engine. Just need to bed everything in prior to thrashing it up the Doune Historic Hillclimb, which is also the venue for the TR Register Scotland Weekend, in four weeks time.

Cliff

P1010695.JPG

P1010697.JPG

10 miles or 10yards still counts. Looking good after the engine-gearbox refit. 

I’m just a little envious of 4 garages !!!

If your 2nd ( black) earth still earths you may need to make that yellow too. Just so it’s kills all elec should marshals need to cut it/them.

23 hours ago, SuzanneH said:

Mike was that you and NLG and Lea Valley that we passed at McDs just off the A505 near Therefield..?

Hi Sue

No, not us we were A10 and then A1092 but good to hear other TR's were out there B)

On 4/21/2024 at 10:50 PM, SuzanneH said:

Hi Sue

No, not us we were A10 and then A1092 but good to hear other TR's were out there 

It was the Lea Valley forming up to set off to join the NLG. I saw a white TR drive by and drive up towards Therfield and wondered if it was one of our lot getting lost! :D

Phil

19 hours ago, PhilS said:

On 4/21/2024 at 10:50 PM, SuzanneH said:

Hi Sue

No, not us we were A10 and then A1092 but good to hear other TR's were out there 

It was the Lea Valley forming up to set off to join the NLG. I saw a white TR drive by and drive up towards Therfield and wondered if it was one of our lot getting lost! :D

Phil

Hi Phil, yes that was us going up into the woods for a walk to see the Pasque flowers.

I wondered if any of you had seen us, I only caught a fleeting glimpse of your cars in the car park and I think one of you had his baseball cap on back to front.

Hi Phil,

we never get lost. However we do find places unknown to us occasionally.

As an aside when you get to the top of the hill,, just as the trees start there is a gate on the right hand side. 

Go through the gate, follow the path (keeping the golf course to your right). After about 1/2 mile you will see a large notice board and a small gate.

Go through the gate and you come out on a hill top. Take the worn path to the left and follow the hill around.

At apprx April  17th - 22nd the hill top is covered in a mass of Pasque flowers - a stunning sight and quite/very rare

Roger