TR5 CP1 for sale

• 4 weeks later...

The advert suggests that it didn’t sell at the last auction and is now being offered again by its current owner since 2018, unless I have misunderstood the copy.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, harrytr5 said:

Real shame. Unloved car and hawked around!

Regards Harry

But lost all its originality on the way, theres restoration and theres good restorers who stick faithfully to originality.;)

Stuart.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi there

very very interesting reading. I’ve been looking at early TR5s and was pleased to see CP1 was up for sale (holiday TR5 browsing on line!). 
I’m gathering from the convo that this car isn’t really worth what it’s on for. Having been sold at auction recently for 30k (ish). 
I’m always keen to have an authentic car, and if not to restore as much as possible but at £54 k that doesn’t leave any room for restoring. 
If anyone wants to add comments / warnings please do so before I waste a trip to Oxford!

Tania

4 hours ago, Tania said:

Hi there

very very interesting reading. I’ve been looking at early TR5s and was pleased to see CP1 was up for sale (holiday TR5 browsing on line!). 
I’m gathering from the convo that this car isn’t really worth what it’s on for. Having been sold at auction recently for 30k (ish). 
I’m always keen to have an authentic car, and if not to restore as much as possible but at £54 k that doesn’t leave any room for restoring. 
If anyone wants to add comments / warnings please do so before I waste a trip to Oxford!

Tania

Hi Tania 

Cannot comment on CP1 but the car below looks and sounds reasonable car at fairly sensible money if it stacks up

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/656992749319670/

15 hours ago, Tiger123 said:

Hi Tania 

Cannot comment on CP1 but the car below looks and sounds reasonable car at fairly sensible money if it stacks up

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/656992749319670/

Looks like a fake FB profile behind it. Beware.

Stuart.

3 hours ago, stuart said:

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart for pointing the potential this one has for fraud boodly scamners they need shooting (oops maybe to right wing but hey that's how I feel)

4 hours ago, stuart said:

Stuart.

41 minutes ago, Tiger123 said:

Thanks Stuart for pointing the potential this one has for fraud boodly scamners they need shooting (oops maybe to right wing but hey that's how I feel)

I know Jeff Hooper, from Southampton area and with a mobile contact number matching the one in the Facebook advert. He previously raced a TR6 in the same series as me. Owner of several Classic cars, inc an E Type, his private circumstances would not require him to try to scam anyone. In my view he is a thoroughly genuine chap who you should have no qualms about dealing with. Like me a technophobe without a Facebook profile, I can understand his advert being channeled via his wife. Contact him, view the car and make up your own mind. 
Dave McD

6 hours ago, stuart said:

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart for pointing the potential this one has for fraud bloody scamners they need shooting (oops maybe to right wing but hey that's how I feel)

Thanks for confirming its genuine seller good to know the car and seller is known to the wider TR family

Edited by Tiger123
19 minutes ago, Tiger123 said:

Thanks Stuart for pointing the potential this one has for fraud bloody scamners they need shooting (oops maybe to right wing but hey that's how I feel)

Thanks for confirming its genuine seller good to know the car and seller is known to the wider TR family

He has no right to post something like that without proof 

On 8/17/2023 at 6:44 PM, ntc said:

He has no right to post something like that without proof 

Best look at the chassis number.

Stuart.

16 hours ago, tr graham said:

Correct Stuart!!  I know there seems to be a very high number of tr5s that survived but this is numbered some 3000 more than were ever made !! 
graham

Go through all the pictures and eventually you get to the previous MOTs which have the CP prefix until you get to the old style one for June 88 to June 89 where all will be revealed  as its got the correct CD6729L chassis number as at the time it obviously didnt have a UK reg number. the 92 to 93 one also reveals the body number as 66170 CC also the log book shows it as  first registered 88 but used overseas previous.

Stuart.

On 8/17/2023 at 4:25 PM, AJ2014 said:

Same Red TR5 is on Car and Classic too, not related to this car in anyway. Here’s the link:

https://www.carandclassic.com/auctions/1968-triumph-tr5-pi-overdrive-8lV9ln

It was still bid to £35K but reserve not met!

Stuart.