An Early Christmas Present

Few of us in Cumbria Group have been for the past few months helping fellow CG Member Dave Couling, re-commision or re-build his original TR6, that Dave bought new in 1972.

We promised Dave a drive in his car before christmas, and managed to achieve this today, on a bitterly cold Grey day, the car moved under its own power for the first time since 1984! Fair to say Dave was quite chuffed.

John.

IMG_0436.jpg.f8a0182cb341e13f02e9c2696acedc14.jpgIMG_0433(1).jpg.a8dc1c4f1932ae3c0bda52de11e49c3b.jpgIMG_0438.jpg.080d3a55954dcdcb4c0f4238afebf6c8.jpg

Great stuff John, lovely bit of work by you & the others from Cumbria, looking forward to seeing in on a run one day...

This is what the TRR and local groups are all about. 
well done John. 
one for the forum Traction page. 

Well done all!

Now you have done one how about a run down to Yorkshire and help start my little beauty?

Joking boys have fun I bet it was a great feeling all round.

Andy 

12 hours ago, Gordon Bayley said:

Brilliant work, what colour is it looks just like my first TR6 

Top.BMP.jpg

Is it Saffron 

Hi all,

yes it is Saffron, I confess that initially I wasn't too sure about the colour but having been around the car  for a while it has very much

converted me, I think it suits the 70's car very well indeed.

Also need to say, thanks for all the comments, it was very much a team effort, both from our group, and here on our forum, help advice and often the NA parts needed to move the job along, especially here from Conrad and Richard.

John.

• 3 months later...