Jousting in a TR6

OK, maybe not, but the murals on this TR have a jousting theme. Pictured at a guess late 70's at Alexandra Palace.

Found while digitising some slides - loved Custom Cars in the mid '70s - nothing to do with the topless models in the magazine of course.

Jerry

TR6 (1).jpg

TR6 (2).jpg

Edited by jerrytr5
wrong

I had a 4 that had been given very similar treatment, back in the 80’s…….Albeit a bit more psychedelic!……… I bought it just to swop the Surrey top across to my signal red 4 but also found that the boot lid was completely rust free, so I bolted that on as well….. It was a cowboy walking into the sunset scene?!……… My pal, who turns out was a bit more of a purist than me, was most put out that I would not let him re spray red  

11 hours ago, jerrytr5 said:

OK, maybe not, but the murals on this TR have a jousting theme. Pictured at a guess late 70's at Alexandra Palace.

Found while digitising some slides - loved Custom Cars in the mid '70s - nothing to do with the topless models in the magazine of course.

Jerry

TR6 (1).jpg

TR6 (2).jpg

I believe that car is still around though in a less obvious form.

Stuart.

I wonder what sort of success the TR6 had in slaying monster fire-breathing dragons. Perhaps this one was used on the drag strip ?  B)

If it had been another model of Triumph, instead of a TR, then the lordly scene may have been one of hunting ?  :ph34r:

Edited by Bfg
1 hour ago, John Morrison said:

Beauty in the eye ………I think it’s horrible 

John

I think it’s horrible now too but I remember drooling over it at Ally Pally while taking photos with my newly acquired Pentax K1000 

North London Group in our very active days. We had about ten or so careering about picking up hoops. It is times like this you forget the fun and comradeship of fellow members with like minded enthusiasm.

I ain't ready for my armchair yet.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter

10357710_238462079675650_7436871564091815840_o.jpg

14 hours ago, dblenk said:

still frequents the IWE and i have a copy of the sheet from Hotcar

cant remember the guy but he was on here and i sent him a copy

I think its this car, it still has the mural under the bonnet but the rest has been repainted. Isle of White trip 2011

Stuart.

DSC00329.JPG

6 hours ago, harrytr5 said:

North London Group in our very active days. We had about ten or so careering about picking up hoops. It is times like this you forget the fun and comradeship of fellow members with like minded enthusiasm.

I ain't ready for my armchair yet.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter

10357710_238462079675650_7436871564091815840_o.jpg

I still have all the equipment from that day if any group wants to have a go, field ,unfortunately, no longer available.

Yeah and in Saffron too, lovely colour (well minus the murals anyway).

Alan G

Oo Oo have I a saffron TR6, well of course I have !!!!