Has anyone come across this before?

Cor thats impressive. !

Mick Richards

It was posted on the Toronto Triumph Club FB page a couple of days ago, but it's not new as far as I can tell (video is from May 2017).

It certainly looks like the mutt's nuts - if anyone has seen it in person would be great to get a report :)

Had a look at the company web site and they are offering 10 year warranty .................https://alsacorp.com/easy-chrome/

Mind you just seen the price :o

Edited by Graham

If you look at the coverage in area for each of those kits then the price would work out not far different.

Stuart.

Would assume the price on this would come down, very impressive to see.

Magnus

Real electro chrome plating may be the best long term option on metals but this stuff will add chrome to anything you can paint!

Plastics

Alloy

Glass

Wood

On modern and custom cars where plastic is everywhere the possibilities are endless.

Chris

I also see from their web site that they sell chrome effect leather.

So you could paint the entire car to get the chrome look, and get a chrome flying jacket made to match.

The height of style.

The total cost, of course, isn’t just the paint. You need to get the item finished to a super smooth surface. If you are paying someone else that could add up to quite a bit.

Plus, as with any new product there is a “learning curve” involved.

Whenever I try some new idea/product I waste 50% just experimenting.

(But of course, they don’t tell you that…)

Charlie.

Hhhhmmm a chrome TR...... Now theres a thought. Keep all those cars with LED headlights way way back!

Come to think of it ideal for tarting up TR6 tail light clusters and the associated reflectors!

Edited by DaveN

Here's a good review of the Alsa product, it's a video made by a professional (who makes theatrical/film props by the look of it). He tests the Alsa product in various ways:

He concluded that the product can work very well, but not when brushed on. Needs to be carefully airbrushed, over a black gloss undercoat.

I suspect not the holy grail for us in its current form, but maybe if the product keeps getting improved...