Hi Folks, needed to test a Rad at home tonight, simple with a cut cycle inner tube over the hose holes, and with the cap on, airline on the cycle valve until the cap lifted.

Radaitor and cap tested no probs.

Hope tip might help someone stuck sometime.

John.tr4%20and%20rad%20014.jpg

Edited by john

Not just a pretty face then John......................!

Hello John

There are some clever B*******s on this forum!

Did you fill it with water and look for leaks or put in a bath of water and look for air leaks?(air being thinner than water)

Roger

ps I would have been messing with bungs in the holes etc!

Hi Roger, immersed in a tub of water, GENTLY with an airline, bike pump would have done,

Cap lifted, bubbles out of overflow, and no where else - jobs a good 'un.

John.

Edited by john

At least one dumb colonial wouldn't have thought of that (no bike punctures up to then).

poor man's version shallow plastic tub+ H2O, left hand blocking lower pipe puff into top pipe with head turned sideways.

Deluxe version second person to watch for bubbles.

Can see why Britain is/was great.

At least one dumb colonial wouldn't have thought of that (no bike punctures up to then).

poor man's version shallow plastic tub+ H2O, left hand blocking lower pipe puff into top pipe with head turned sideways.

Deluxe version second person to watch for bubbles.

Can see why Britain is/was great.

But surely, the bubbles will go downwards in Australia.

Disturbingly people who bypass the gas meter use a similar cut cycle inner tube trick...gulp.

Mick Richards

I just take my radiator down to the loal repair shop and ask them if it is leaking. If they say no, then I tell them to paint it black and give it back. If they say yes, I say repair it. I have found it is much cheaper than one thinks and there is no messing around and a 2 year warranty. In fact they even beefed it up to get more heat dissapation. At no extra price. They said the cost is in the labour, not the cooling fins. Triumph cooling fins are more expensive than the modern high density fins. :wacko: