A tad rotten then!

I saw that and made an offer but unfortunately he declined.

Apparently the poly tunnel is not for sale.

Steve

And is it merely coincidence that a white TR6 is stolen whilst a white TR6 worth nothing more than the ID is for sale on the 'bay ?

I've noted three occasions in the relatively recent past where a TR has been stolen whilst a very similar scrapper or just id documentation has been up for sale . . . . .

Cheers

Alec

At 1500 now!

Surely, there must be a way to report a muppet to the muppets?

Keep on posting I guess?

Regards

More seriously, in light of Alec's observation, a report to the Police? Or DVLA??

This TR will live, but will it be by some Frankensteinian revival of a borrowed body?

John

Yes agreed, this is the sort of instance which calls for a club having a quiet word with DVLA, DVSA, HMRC, Police and whoever else . . . . .

I don't think it's an ebay problem as such, it is an ostensibly genuine item for sale, but the seller is inciting illegal/criminal activity, as in ringing . . . . .

If a club is going to be in the business of authenticating classic vehicles in conjunction with DVLA / DVSA, then it seems to me that said club should also be in the business of identifying potentially fraudulent activity - and bringing it to the attention of the regulatory authorities.

Just my opinion of course, many of the great and good would, I'm sure. strongly disagree. There have been too many well known shenanigans involving TRs over the years, with nothing ever done . . . .

Cheers

Alec

Rog1

At 1500 now!

Click on bid history, click on the bidders and look at their bid history. The main bidder b***u has only ever bid on this vehicle so I would suspect spurious bids from the seller to up the price.

Alan

Can those who have seen similar basket cases on sale and correlate them with thefts produce the evidence? Likely not,who is paranoid enough to collect print outs at the time? But I fear no one can do anything without some concrete evidence.

John

PS It's up to £1650 as of 2000, 18/5!

Edited by john.r.davies

Blimey. And to think I ONLY got 100 quid for the back end of my rusty but solid chassis. Should have held out for more.

My suspicions, would be that, soneone has enough bits to remake / rebuild this car and it is wanted for its ID, as it is advertised with all the docs. Then try to sell it for 25K+, with the words its been in storage for 30+years! Unfortunately, this has been quite a common practice with classic motor bikes and people have been caught out on well known bikes that have been in circulation for years. Its only when a careful check is done on originality that this problem comes to light. the BSA Owners Club offer an ID check, along with many other Clubs, as they have all the shipment records, but the TR Register does not offer this service.

The DVLA are trying to stop this practice, as best that they can.

Its definitely buyer beware now!!!!

Bruce.