How long is a piece of string?

Just driven to work in the soft top. Weather looking awful for the return home.

Anyone know whether you can fit an outboard to a TR6 :-)

Go on just do it............ I like mine with either actually. Its nice to have the choice. As for being a Wuss? Guess I am a Scots wuss then? No need to answer that bit please?

Alanpost-121-0-73180200-1379432829_thumb.jpg

post-121-0-73180200-1379432829_thumb.jpg

I reckon Thursday is going to be nasty, after that, looks stable for a few days, perhaps even some sunshine and 20 degrees again over much of England at the weekend according to the Met Office Synoptic Chart. Mind you, I don't like the look of "Humberto" mid Atlantic on Friday. (More info on the National Hurricane Center website).

Stuart,

these are the dogs danglies,I have driven these when I was in the forces, soooooooooooooo much fun :D:D:D:D

I've had my TR6 for over 5 years and never fited the hardtop. This autumn I've enjoyed fitting the rubber trim and some chrome strips and have just fitted the hardtop. I quite like the look of it and it changes the driving experience. I still prefer it as a convertible on a sunny day but I will drive it a bit more often on those cold autumn and winter days now-especially when it becomes tax exempt next year!CIMG2028.jpgCIMG2030.jpg

Edited by tr6fan

post-10732-0-30672400-1379482461_thumb.jpgpost-10732-0-92593800-1379482463_thumb.jpg

Hey Trigbush,

Down here in the antipodes spring is almost sprung, so I've just taken my hardtop off.

I only put it on because I had to use the car as my daily driver for a month after I pranged my wife's car!

Certainly makes the car more secure, and less leak-prone, but does change the driving experience...and possibly not for the better.

Don't think I'll bother next winter...

Cheers,

John

post-10732-0-30672400-1379482461_thumb.jpg

post-10732-0-92593800-1379482463_thumb.jpg

Ok, this may have been discussed before, but has anyone one used a TR6 hardtop to make a Surrey top?

I ask because to me the TR4 Surrey top

Looks wrong on a TR6, whereas the styling of he TR6 hard top matches well. Converting an unused, unloved hardtop would seem like a good idea?

Tim

Ok, this may have been discussed before, but has anyone one used a TR6 hardtop to make a Surrey top?

I ask because to me the TR4 Surrey top

Looks wrong on a TR6, whereas the styling of he TR6 hard top matches well. Converting an unused, unloved hardtop would seem like a good idea?

Tim

It has been done before but it just looked even more ugly with the centre section removed.

Stuart.

attachicon.gifIMAG0402.jpgattachicon.gifIMAG0400.jpg

Hey Trigbush,

Down here in the antipodes spring is almost sprung, so I've just taken my hardtop off.

I only put it on because I had to use the car as my daily driver for a month after I pranged my wife's car!

Certainly makes the car more secure, and less leak-prone, but does change the driving experience...and possibly not for the better.

Don't think I'll bother next winter...

Cheers,

John

Thanks John. Love your car (I am biased) and the registration!

Hard Tops are only for Wussies,we have a Couple of them Overhere,Howya Kev.

Now, now Niall . . . . . Wussies :o ?

No need for that :P

I bought mine, last year when myself and the Irish crew were doing the IWE and Stafford week. Got a great deal on a new referb, and simply couldn't turn it down.

However I also bought it both out of curiosity, to see what the difference was, but mainly because I love the look of the car with it on.

IMG_0968_zps7eb7be6b.jpg

So the question is, will I put it back on the car ??

Yes

When ??

Well, I left it on last winter, having fitted it in the UK and driven home with it.

We then had an awesome summer. So maybe, as Peter suggests, it's beholden to me to fit it again this winter, to gurantee a great summer next year :D

The only issue I need to address first, is how to stop it rubbing on the rear deck (left side only) :angry:

Happy winter motoring, regardless of ones choice !

I used to have the same problem with my last car and its easily and cheaply sorted. When you locate the front first (two top hat spacers into the windscreen top) and gently lower the back down onto the rear deck place a washer (or however many you need to stop it rubbing) underneath the hard top on one side and lower away. This washer or washers can be located simply by using bluetack which will hold it in place over the rear locating screw hole between the rear deck and the hardtop itself. You can look down through the rear window shining a torch to see everything lines up properly. Job done.

Yes I know there are adjusting nuts that form the rear mounts inside the hard top but they were fully screwed in and it didn't make enough of a difference to stop chaffing.

I had to do the washer trick on my previous TR6, I think I had 2 washers on one side and 3 on the other all held together and located with a smidgen of blue tack........ job done.

Ed China.

Only joking

Alan

I used to have the same problem with my last car and its easily and cheaply sorted. When you locate the front first (two top hat spacers into the windscreen top) and gently lower the back down onto the rear deck place a washer (or however many you need to stop it rubbing) underneath the hard top on one side and lower away. This washer or washers can be located simply by using bluetack which will hold it in place over the rear locating screw hole between the rear deck and the hardtop itself. You can look down through the rear window shining a torch to see everything lines up properly. Job done.

Yes I know there are adjusting nuts that form the rear mounts inside the hard top but they were fully screwed in and it didn't make enough of a difference to stop chaffing.

I had to do the washer trick on my previous TR6, I think I had 2 washers on one side and 3 on the other all held together and located with a smidgen of blue tack........ job done.

Ed China.

Only joking

Alan

Thanks Alan

Sounds like a easy solution.

Now, lets see how many days I can remain topless :P for the rest of the year, before the top eventually goes on.