TR4 race car build completed

A couple of days ago my company's TR4 racecar build was finished by Guy Heath of Loire Valley Classics.

The car looks looks great, goes and handles really well. Guy has done a fantastic job. Mind you, he has more than enough experience with numerous car builds including a replica TRS owned by Paul Gerring and raced at Le Mans classic 3 times, maintenance and race support for the Le Mans Classic winning TR2 and also maintenance and race support for the HSCC class winning Morgan Plus 4. He's also maintained my Alfa Romeo race car and raced it with me too. He's also maintained and rebuilt more than enough other classic cars, helicopters and Sea Harriers.

All that remains to be done is to bring it back to the UK for an MOT and to arrange an inspection for its FIA papers.

Then, next year, it'll be appearing on a race track near you!

I wanted to say "Thank-you" to a few people who have helped along the way with some parts.

Here's a photo so you can see where your parts have gone and the car that they have helped to create.

David

Edited by david ferry

fabulous David. Keep us up to date with your circuit plans for 2013.

Hope to see you

David - I shall be very interested to see how your car performs alongside Karl Wetherell's very rapid Powder Blue TR4 (VGS634), which often out-performs much more exotic machinery both in the UK and on the Continent.

Ian Cornish

David, I am glad you are pleased with the car. We at Loire Valley Classics have had great pleasure in building it for you.

The car has been built to allow Davids entry into Historic car racing with handling a prominent part in the build as this is where it is most critical

in racing this type of car.

The car will not be as competitive as Karls very modified TR4 which i have had the pleasure to support Mark Hoble's Morgan against it.

But Davids car has been built as an FIA standard car to act as a platform to allow further development as the driver skills improve.

David and I enjoyed racing the Alfa with the CSCC and felt the TR is the right move forward.

I have posted a few more pictures in the Gallery at www.loirevalleyclassics.com if anyones interested.

I do like the idea of David dashing about in a COMPANY racing car!

Wonder how Mr Osborne would rate it for business use?

Next time I go to the Loire to re-stock the wine cellar, I will have to visit this splendid emporium.

Ian Cornish

Neat car.

check with the tech people the design of the rear firewall.

As far I know the cage isn't allowed to go through that firewall anymore.

The firewall must be seal with no tubes going through.

Cheers

Chris