250 returns from America.

Hi, Pete

I bet it feels great to finially have got it back this side of the pond. I can see there are a few late nights coming about in your garage this winter. Best of Luck and look forward to the updates

Cheers Phil

Dave I am so Pi--ed off that I cant post the 4 pics for folk to have a look at, when I click on img then go to the forum right click paste is greyed out!

I need a mentor here,

Put the 4 pics on espescially the one showing my Audi A5 in Red ( which is in undercover mode today as a Skoda Octavia) for Andrew especially.

then tell them I was robbed at the services on the way home, £1.85 for a cup of tea and £1.95 for a sticky bun.

Even Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a bloody mask for Christs sake, I'm ranting goodnight.

I am dumbo you did it already, I hate you smart ................................................................................

..............aaaaarg...........................

Edited by pfenlon

Now there's a labour of love ahead! Judging from the smile it'll be a pleasure.

I see the lower front valance hails from an earlier time - but at least it's not Chinese. For the proper hole TRF has the pattern and location, when the time comes.

Interesting wheels on the trailer...

to be continued going out to borrow a 7 year old to tell me why paste is greyed out, and I cant post the pics. Doughhhhhhhh.

Peter: Outstanding! She finally arrived. I don't know if anyone pointed this out , but I believe the steering wheel is on the wrong side! :lol:

BTW, where was the port of entry? Liverpool? Maybe that's where she left England 40 years ago?

AND - One more thing - I thought the only one who used the stupid phrase. "have a nice day" where over here? Don't tell me they have you folks saying it now. This is a pet peeve of mine - can you imagine, demanding that I have a nice day? if I want to be completely miserable, I will, and no one is going to stop me.

That said, have a grand time sorting out your new acquisition and if I can be of any help, just ask.

All the best - Frank

Edited by angelfj

It's amazing that the spare bonnet etc has still remained strapped on the back- have an enjoyable rebuild!

Rod

One more thing - I thought the only one who used the stupid phrase. "have a nice day" where over here? Don't tell me they have you folks saying it now. This is a pet peeve of mine - can you imagine, demanding that I have a nice day? if I want to be completely miserable, I will, and no one is going to stop me.

Looks like you should qualify for Andrew's ‘Victor Meldrew Association’ (VMASoc) Frank.

Since I fully agree with you (although, to my eternal shame and embarrassment, I have recently caught myself using this idiotic parting, or variations thereof), I guess I would also be admitted - if only I weren't too old :(

Edited by BrianC

Hi Pete

Nice looking project you will have to let us know how the car isbetter or worse than you hoped etc. Its a lot of hastle but the feeling I had when I went to the port to pick up my TR3 was like being a kid in a toyshop again.

Cheers

Alan

Thanks to each and everyone for your comments, it really does give a bloke a bit of encouragement, to answer a few questions, It arrived at Chatham docks near London.

Cost were as follows

Tax £50

Shipping by trailer from Maine to New Jersey £250

Shipping to UK £1125.

VAT £228

Car Cost $4250, I paid too much maybe,

there is what looks like a better one on Ebay now under $2K with a day to go, but all told I'm happy.

I am also amazed that nothing was washed overboard, but it did all make it, the Bonnet is from A 4 or 4A in the same cond as the 250 bonnet usual split

at the weak area. So if someone wants a bonnet let me know.

I did put a request on the forum asking if the front valance should have a hole, saying it looked original, well its not and its held on by about 6 pop rivets!

Frank Its your fault we have signs like that, taken at the Hotel I stayed at in Chatham very good at £45 a night excellent value. The King Charles Hotel

half a mile away from the dock.

Dockers were brilliant very helpful and the car is what I expected, more or less, glad I took the chance buying off Ebay, but the seller had 100% feedback

and his E mail address had 65tr4 in it so, after a phone call to him, I knew he was a good bloke.

so have a nice day Frank, regards,

Peter

Edited by pfenlon

Hi Peter

Glad to see the car at last (thanks to Pilkie) ;) as far I as know only the Tr5 had the hole in the front valance provision for cooling maybe so don't skip it to quick. Good luck with the car

Regards

Neil

Edited by ntc
Hi Peter

Glad to see the car at last (thanks to Pilkie) ;) as far I as know only the Tr5 had the hole in the front valance provision for cooling maybe so don't skip it to quick. Good luck with the car

Regards

Neil

Neil: Both the TR-5 and 250 had the hole in the lower valence. This can be seen in the official parts catalog and workshop manual.

Regards,

Frank

Peter at least when you bought it the Dollar was still at a good rate! Buying now isnt anywhere near as good prospect :(

Best of luck doing it as I know you always do a good job. (Its going to be a long cold winter so get the space heater fired up in the workshop and go for it ;) )

Stuart.

Neil: Both the TR-5 and 250 had the hole in the lower valence. This can be seen in the official parts catalog and workshop manual.

Regards,

Frank

Hi Frank

Interesting and good to know having just read the latest TR Action according to Roger Ferris you may be correct. But I was intrigued that Bill Piggot in his book Original Triumph actually refers to the said hole and only mentions the TR5.

Regards

Neil

Pete

Looks like you got a bargain even with transport costs.

Front Valance from my original Leyland parts books

Tr5 with Hole part number 812030

TR4/4A no hole 850406

Cheers

Alan

I always thought this little hole was a left over from the old starting handle days!! :blink:

That is if you mean the one on the lower middle edge of the grille area!!

AH!!!! Now I see it on the red car!!!,yep its a cooling vent for sure!!

Edited by PILKIE