12 hours ago, Deggers said:

Ah, I did wonder if your 3A might have featured in the archive, Iain. :) Great shot.

Was your profile picture taken during the Monte too? (Those tyres are something else!)

Deggers

Hi Deggers, yes on a Recce at the end of 57. Those Firestone Town and Country were special :-)

12 hours ago, Deggers said:

Ah, I did wonder if your 3A might have featured in the archive, Iain. :) Great shot.

Was your profile picture taken during the Monte too? (Those tyres are something else!)

Deggers

Hi Deggers, yes on a Recce at the end of 57. Those Firestone Town and Country were special :-)

They are, very funny.:lol:

17 hours ago, Deggers said:

Certainly look like they mean business.

1996191912_FirestoneTC.thumb.jpg.6e141ffde6b7fb52e401f5e4fe1f77d2.jpg

Deggers

Story about Town and Country tyres

Back in the early sixties my Dad worked for one of the big paper mills in Nottingham and the MD had a Rover 90 supplied new with them fitted as he lived in a rural are outside of the town. He complained from the start about vibration and the main agent had it back umpteen times for rectification including a new prop and gear box and rear axle, took them months of backwards and forwards until they realised it was the tyres!

Stuart.

Ah yes Town and Country . My Dad was a GP in South West Scotland and the fitting of these awful tyres was a yearly ritual in October. But they must have done the job as he never came off the road in his various Morris Minors and Austin A35s

james

15 hours ago, stuart said:

. . . a new prop and gear box and rear axle, took them months of backwards and forwards until they realised it was the tyres!

Yikes!

Wouldn't have wanted to be around in the Rover office when the penny finally dropped. 

That's one expensive penny!  

On 2/12/2024 at 8:20 AM, Deggers said:

Yikes!

Wouldn't have wanted to be around in the Rover office when the penny finally dropped. 

That's one expensive penny!  

I married one of those :o

2 hours ago, Lebro said:

I married one of those :o

:lol::lol::lol:

Stuart.

Back in the '50s there were very few cars about where we lived, and they were all pre-war.  It was a sensation for the local kids when a chap in the next road bought a blue and cream Nash Metropolitan.  

Just now, RobH said:

Back in the '50s there were very few cars about where we lived, and they were all pre-war.  It was a sensation for the local kids when a chap in the next road bought a blue and cream Nash Metropolitan.  

Basically a flash A35

Stuart.

We knew a man in the early 70’s with an hardtop TR3A with a roof rack….he was a window cleaner by trade.  The car looked quite odd with the bucket clipped to and swinging at the rear of the ladder.

now here is a test for B movie fans

image.jpeg.710e86c4cfa52ba3598ae87307f2e69d.jpeg

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Hmmm, is it Faster Pusseycat" ...Kill, Kill ? Another Russ Meyer offering.

Mick Richards 

Just now, Motorsport Mickey said:

Hmmm, is it Faster Pusseycat" ...Kill, Kill ? Another Russ Meyer offering.

Mick Richards 

You know your Russ Meyer films.

On 2/16/2024 at 4:26 PM, stuart said:

Basically a flash A35

Stuart.

It was a Big engined A35.  With the 1200 B series followed by the 1500.   All mated to a slick 3 speed gearbox.

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT